RemedySpot.com

Re: RUQ pain radiating?

Rate this topic

Guest guest

I believe it's the membrane around the liver that has nerves and that causes pain. If the liver changes size, the nerves in the membrane respond with pain.Marie

To: From: grahammilligan@...Date: Sat, 27 Sep 2008 02:02:14 +0000Subject: Re: RUQ pain radiating?

Hi Sara

My Doctor had no comment on the pain, apart from telling me to get

back to him if it got worse.

There was a discussion on this board about liver pain a couple of

years ago. Anyone please correct me if I am wrong, We discussed that

your actual liver has no nerves and therefore should not cause you

any pain.

I do know with having a liver biopsy, no anaesthetic - which was not

painful at all, just a very strange feeling...I was able to see on

the screen the magnified needle sucking a piece of liver out...I

think if the same needle had been put into a muscle without any

anaesthetic I would have been screaming in pain!!

Sorry I can't be of more help

> ,

>

> Can you possibly explain to me your doctor's theory of the

irritated nerves? I know that i have heard that before, and it is not

the liver, itself but i am not so sure that i do understand its

mechanism of action, well. I would appreciate it.

>

See how Windows connects the people, information, and fun that are part of your life. See Now

Marie and ,

Thank you, both.

That theory about the membrane nerves response of pain, does make a lot of sense. And that explains why my doctor has told me that the colon is also contributing into the pain.

My best wishes to you, two. Take care.

Subject: RE: Re: RUQ pain radiating?To: Date: Saturday, September 27, 2008, 2:10 AM

I believe it's the membrane around the liver that has nerves and that causes pain. If the liver changes size, the nerves in the membrane respond with pain.

Marie

To: @ yahoogroups. comFrom: grahammilligan@ yahoo.comDate: Sat, 27 Sep 2008 02:02:14 +0000Subject: Re: RUQ pain radiating?

Hi SaraMy Doctor had no comment on the pain, apart from telling me to get back to him if it got worse.There was a discussion on this board about liver pain a couple of years ago. Anyone please correct me if I am wrong, We discussed that your actual liver has no nerves and therefore should not cause you any pain. I do know with having a liver biopsy, no anaesthetic - which was not painful at all, just a very strange feeling...I was able to see on the screen the magnified needle sucking a piece of liver out...I think if the same needle had been put into a muscle without any anaesthetic I would have been screaming in pain!!Sorry I can't be of more help > ,> > Can you

possibly explain to me your doctor's theory of the irritated nerves? I know that i have heard that before, and it is not the liver, itself but i am not so sure that i do understand its mechanism of action, well. I would appreciate it.>

See how Windows connects the people, information, and fun that are part of your life. See Now

Marie and ,

Thank you, both.

That theory about the membrane nerves response of pain, does make a lot of sense. And that explains why my doctor has told me that the colon is also contributing into the pain.

Subject: RE: Re: RUQ pain radiating?To: Date: Saturday, September 27, 2008, 2:10 AM

I believe it's the membrane around the liver that has nerves and that causes pain. If the liver changes size, the nerves in the membrane respond with pain.

Marie

To: @ yahoogroups. comFrom: grahammilligan@ yahoo.comDate: Sat, 27 Sep 2008 02:02:14 +0000Subject: Re: RUQ pain radiating?

Hi SaraMy Doctor had no comment on the pain, apart from telling me to get back to him if it got worse.There was a discussion on this board about liver pain a couple of years ago. Anyone please correct me if I am wrong, We discussed that your actual liver has no nerves and therefore should not cause you any pain. I do know with having a liver biopsy, no anaesthetic - which was not painful at all, just a very strange feeling...I was able to see on the screen the magnified needle sucking a piece of liver out...I think if the same needle had been put into a muscle without any anaesthetic I would have been screaming in pain!!Sorry I can't be of more help > ,> > Can you

possibly explain to me your doctor's theory of the irritated nerves? I know that i have heard that before, and it is not the liver, itself but i am not so sure that i do understand its mechanism of action, well. I would appreciate it.>

Marie and ,

Thank you, both.

Marie

Hi Marie

thanks for the word 'membrane', that was the word I could not

remember.

I have had search through past discussion.

If you type 20730 into message number search (in the area just above

list of messages or a posting) it will bring up a long list of a

previous discussion on 'liver pain'.

Good to read

Best wishes to you to

> Marie and ,

>  

> Thank you, both. 

>  

> That theory about the membrane nerves response of pain, does make a

lot of sense. And that explains why my doctor has told me that the

colon is also contributing into the pain.   

Hi Marie

remember.

Good to read

Best wishes to you to

> Marie and ,

>  

> Thank you, both. 

>  

Hi Marie

remember.

Good to read

Best wishes to you to

> Marie and ,

>  

> Thank you, both. 

>  

My PCP is a D.O. and with my RUQ he was the first one to suggest an

adjustment to relax it if it was myo skelatal. It helps when I do get

an adjust so that my spine is in alignment. I have had a D.O. for a

long time and one of the 1st things I have checked it to make sure I

am in alignment. When my spine is aligned my body in general feels

better.

Beth B

>

> From: cmp12305@...

> Subject: Re: Re: RUQ pain radiating?

> To:

> Date: Friday, September 26, 2008, 5:05 PM

>

>

>

>

>

>

> I know we have many conditions that cause pain.  Last winter I was

in such pain I went to the ER and was admitted.  After multiple test,

the docs didn't find a reason and during a bedside conference a young

intern suggested that it could be myo-skeletal.  When I went home I

saw my chiropractor and after two adjustments the pain was gone.

>

> Take care

> MizKit

>

>

>

>

>

> Find phone numbers fast with the New AOL Yellow Pages!

>

I think did have an adjuustment, long time ago. May be it is time for another one. It does help. By the way, what is a D.O.? And again, thanks for sharing.

Subject: Re: RUQ pain radiating?To: Date: Saturday, September 27, 2008, 6:41 PM

My PCP is a D.O. and with my RUQ he was the first one to suggest an adjustment to relax it if it was myo skelatal. It helps when I do get an adjust so that my spine is in alignment. I have had a D.O. for a long time and one of the 1st things I have checked it to make sure I am in alignment. When my spine is aligned my body in general feels better.Beth B> > From: cmp12305@... <cmp12305@.. .>> Subject: Re: Re: RUQ pain radiating?> To: @ yahoogroups. com> Date: Friday, September 26, 2008, 5:05 PM> > > > > > > I know we have many conditions that cause

pain. Last winter I was in such pain I went to the ER and was admitted. After multiple test, the docs didn't find a reason and during a bedside conference a young intern suggested that it could be myo-skeletal. When I went home I saw my chiropractor and after two adjustments the pain was gone.> > Take care> MizKit> > > > > > Find phone numbers fast with the New AOL Yellow Pages!>