RemedySpot.com

RE: Questions-

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

1) I'll try to answer your first question - I'm sure Dave will have a better answer.

Urso is known to improve hepatic function (as measured by LFTs). Based on the reference Dave posted:

Rost D, Rudolph G, Kloeters-Plachky P, Stiehl A 2004 Effect of high-

dose ursodeoxycholic acid on its biliary enrichment in primary

sclerosing cholangitis. Hepatology 40: 693-698.

http://www3.interscience.wiley.com/cgi-bin/fulltext/109606288/PDFSTART

" Decreased intestinal absorption of hydrophobic, hepatotoxic bile acids, and biliary enrichment with hydrophilic, nontoxic UDCA changes the balance of biliary bile acids in favor of nontoxic hydrophilic bile acids, and this change may represent one of the mechanisms of action of UDCA. "

So, the goal is to optimize the dosage of Urso to maximize the benefit (think of the various bile acids like you would think of " good " and " bad " cholesterol), forcing the highest percentage of " good " bile acid. The benefit, according to this study, saturates at 22-25 mg/kg (no more improvement with higher dose). It doesn't look like you're changing one for the other, just forcing the percentage of " good " bile acid to be higher than otherwise

2) No (known) food allergies for me. Cats, horses, dogs and house dust, however :(

Arne

57 - UC 1977 - PSC 2000

Alive and well in Minnesota

1. What is the benefit of lowering cholic acid? It seems like there is a trade-off because Urso Forte itself is a bile acid. So you're exchanging one bile acid for another? Is that right?

2. Do any of you have food allergies too?