RemedySpot.com

RE: Re: Teflon DNA

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Barb,

I agree! You can eat everything right relative to your peers, not drink or do drugs, and obsess over avoiding all the chemicals we are exposed to everyday...all to no avail when up against some dreadful disease like PSC.

On the other hand, my grandfather did EVERYTHING wrong by most standards. He ate a diet full of grease, smoked cigars and a pipe, chewed tobacco, drank beer, worked in the coal mines, ran a farm using chemicals that are certainly outlawed today, and yet he lived to be 97 and was sharp as a tack up until the last couple of weeks of his life.

I'm not saying we shouldn't try to do the right thing, but just that as you say DNA is certainly the overwhelming factor. And I do think teflon pans can release harmful chemicals under certain conditions....I certainly wouldn't use them for preparing every meal. But by the same token, we now know that potato chips contain the suspected carcinogen, acrylamide...as do many fried or browned foods. I just have to try to keep things in perspective and live life in moderation.

Jeff in FL

Truth is (IMHO) what really counts - is your DNA. Looking for simple solutions to your real-life financial challenges? Check out WalletPop for the latest news and information, tips and calculators.

Barb,

I agree! You can eat everything right relative to your peers, not drink or do drugs, and obsess over avoiding all the chemicals we are exposed to everyday...all to no avail when up against some dreadful disease like PSC.

On the other hand, my grandfather did EVERYTHING wrong by most standards. He ate a diet full of grease, smoked cigars and a pipe, chewed tobacco, drank beer, worked in the coal mines, ran a farm using chemicals that are certainly outlawed today, and yet he lived to be 97 and was sharp as a tack up until the last couple of weeks of his life.

I'm not saying we shouldn't try to do the right thing, but just that as you say DNA is certainly the overwhelming factor. And I do think teflon pans can release harmful chemicals under certain conditions....I certainly wouldn't use them for preparing every meal. But by the same token, we now know that potato chips contain the suspected carcinogen, acrylamide...as do many fried or browned foods. I just have to try to keep things in perspective and live life in moderation.

Jeff in FL

Truth is (IMHO) what really counts - is your DNA. Looking for simple solutions to your real-life financial challenges? Check out WalletPop for the latest news and information, tips and calculators.

-----Original

Message-----

But we live a LOT longer than they did. I'm not saying there

aren't problems with technology, but the bottom line is –

people live longer now

than any other time in history.

When folks start complaining

about health care, I always point this out to them. Truth is (IMHO) what really counts - is your

DNA. Teflon vs. cast iron, forget

about it, it’s your DNA.

TJ’s grandmother…..beyond a doubt, cooked and

ate everything 100% wrong by today’s standards. The first time I met her she was frying eggs

3 inches deep in grease. She fried

every single thing and used butter and salt to extreme excess. She would leave lunch leftovers, covered

with a towel, out on the stove until dinner that night – every night. And…. she lived to 99. My own (German) grandmother used not

only butter, but lard! She lived to

94. It’s DNA, not the pan.

BIT

Hi Jeff,

I agree. It is impossible to live a totally

healthy life.

There are hormones in milk and meat, pesticides

on vegetables, wax on fruit, fine dust and other pollutants in air, carcinogens

in grilled, fried and barbequed food etc. We can only try to do so much. The

rest is DNA and plain luck.

Regards,

Chaim