Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Look at the other side, please. My parents have passed the following to me (or

at least the predisposition):

Nearsightedness, only one kidney (congenitally), UC, asthma, eczema, PSC

None of my siblings or their offspring have any of the above. I'm 57 years old,

and expect to live quite a bit longer. I'm very glad I was born (and so is my

wife, usually:). Do I wish my parents had made a different decision?

ABSOLUTELY NOT.

It is a personal decision, of course, but I'd think long and hard about choosing

NOT to have children due to possible health concerns for the child (at least for

UC/PSC). Medical advances continue at an astounding pace. Hawking

apparently has similar views (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/_Hawking). I

consider myself extremely fortunate - one day at a time.

Arne

57 - UC 1977 - PSC 2000

Alive and well in Minnesota

---- Ruth Blatt rblatt@...> wrote:

=============

and Chaim, I think about this issue a lot, both as a parent and

as a daughter. It makes me sick to my stomach as well to think of my

kids getting either PSC or UC. And I know that mom has guilt about

having passed on some defective genes, because all three of us kids

have serious chronic ailments. It's a terrible feeling of unease...

Guest guest

Arne, I could not agree more with your email!!!

Lori A.

"Aggressively Pursuing Solutions To Your Real Estate Needs!"

First Weber Group

Cell:

1507 E. Sunset Drive

Waukesha, WI 53189

LoriUSA@...

www.Lori.FirstWeber.com

Re: Re: Increased Risk of PSC & UC in 1st degree family

Look at the other side, please. My parents have passed the following to me (or at least the predisposition) :Nearsightedness, only one kidney (congenitally) , UC, asthma, eczema, PSCNone of my siblings or their offspring have any of the above. I'm 57 years old, and expect to live quite a bit longer. I'm very glad I was born (and so is my wife, usually:). Do I wish my parents had made a different decision? ABSOLUTELY NOT.It is a personal decision, of course, but I'd think long and hard about choosing NOT to have children due to possible health concerns for the child (at least for UC/PSC). Medical advances continue at an astounding pace. Hawking apparently has similar views (http://en.wikipedia .org/wiki/ _Hawking). I consider myself extremely fortunate - one day at a time.Arne57 - UC 1977 - PSC 2000Alive and well

in Minnesota---- Ruth Blatt <rblatt@.... edu> wrote: ============ = and Chaim, I think about this issue a lot, both as a parent and as a daughter. It makes me sick to my stomach as well to think of my kids getting either PSC or UC. And I know that mom has guilt about having passed on some defective genes, because all three of us kids have serious chronic ailments. It's a terrible feeling of unease...

Guest guest

Lori A.

First Weber Group

Cell:

1507 E. Sunset Drive

Waukesha, WI 53189

LoriUSA@...

www.Lori.FirstWeber.com

Look at the other side, please. My parents have passed the following to me (or at least the predisposition) :Nearsightedness, only one kidney (congenitally) , UC, asthma, eczema, PSCNone of my siblings or their offspring have any of the above. I'm 57 years old, and expect to live quite a bit longer. I'm very glad I was born (and so is my wife, usually:). Do I wish my parents had made a different decision? ABSOLUTELY NOT.It is a personal decision, of course, but I'd think long and hard about choosing NOT to have children due to possible health concerns for the child (at least for UC/PSC). Medical advances continue at an astounding pace. Hawking apparently has similar views (http://en.wikipedia .org/wiki/ _Hawking). I consider myself extremely fortunate - one day at a time.Arne57 - UC 1977 - PSC 2000Alive and well

in Minnesota---- Ruth Blatt <rblatt@.... edu> wrote: ============ = and Chaim, I think about this issue a lot, both as a parent and as a daughter. It makes me sick to my stomach as well to think of my kids getting either PSC or UC. And I know that mom has guilt about having passed on some defective genes, because all three of us kids have serious chronic ailments. It's a terrible feeling of unease...

Guest guest

Lori A.

First Weber Group

Cell:

1507 E. Sunset Drive

Waukesha, WI 53189

LoriUSA@...

www.Lori.FirstWeber.com