RemedySpot.com

Re: Stages of PSC

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

http://www.mayoclinic.org/primary-sclerosing-cholangitis/diagnosis.html http://www.emedicine.com/radio/byname/Cholangitis--Primary-Sclerosing.htm Look up PSC stage 4 Jeanne PSC**U/C 2003 stage 4amandandme123 wrote: Hello all, I was wondering if anyone can tell me what

stage 4 of PSC is? My husband was diagnosed in 2003 w/ PSC at the age of 27 at that time when he was evaluated by a transplant team they all agreed that it was too early in the disease to discuss a transplant. The last two years he has been in and out of the hospital due to the PSC. As I write this he has been back in the hospital for four days. We have been told that it is time to get re-evaluated by a transplant team to see where we stand for a transplant. I really would love to have some online support for both my husband and myself. I am 28 years old and my husband is 32, we have a 4 year old daughter and I'm trying so hard to be positive and strong for the both of them. Thanks for your time and god bless!!! Jeanne

Guest guest

http://www.mayoclinic.org/primary-sclerosing-cholangitis/diagnosis.html http://www.emedicine.com/radio/byname/Cholangitis--Primary-Sclerosing.htm Look up PSC stage 4 Jeanne PSC**U/C 2003 stage 4amandandme123 wrote: Hello all, I was wondering if anyone can tell me what

stage 4 of PSC is? My husband was diagnosed in 2003 w/ PSC at the age of 27 at that time when he was evaluated by a transplant team they all agreed that it was too early in the disease to discuss a transplant. The last two years he has been in and out of the hospital due to the PSC. As I write this he has been back in the hospital for four days. We have been told that it is time to get re-evaluated by a transplant team to see where we stand for a transplant. I really would love to have some online support for both my husband and myself. I am 28 years old and my husband is 32, we have a 4 year old daughter and I'm trying so hard to be positive and strong for the both of them. Thanks for your time and god bless!!! Jeanne

Guest guest

Guest guest

Hi ,So sorry to hear that your husband has PSC. Have the doctor's said he is in Stage 4? Here is a general article on PSC that is quite good. http://www.niddk.nih.gov/fund/other/PSCSept2006.pdfBut even though PSC is a scary disease, many people (most people) get through it and do well. So it's best to focus on that, and take one day at a time. And it sounds as though that is exactly what you are doing. dug up the article above, and said that he shared it with family and friends who asked about the disease. I've found that it's too much for most people. People seem to take in this disease in small bites of info. But it may be helpful for your information.Good luck to you, and keep us posted on how you're doing.Marie

To: From: amandandme123@...Date: Mon, 19 May 2008 01:28:48 +0000Subject: Stages of PSC

Hello all, I was wondering if anyone can tell me what stage 4 of PSC

is? My husband was diagnosed in 2003 w/ PSC at the age of 27 at that

time when he was evaluated by a transplant team they all agreed that

it was too early in the disease to discuss a transplant. The last two

years he has been in and out of the hospital due to the PSC. As I

write this he has been back in the hospital for four days. We have

been told that it is time to get re-evaluated by a transplant team to

see where we stand for a transplant. I really would love to have some

online support for both my husband and myself. I am 28 years old and

my husband is 32, we have a 4 year old daughter and I'm trying so hard

to be positive and strong for the both of them.

Thanks for your time and god bless!!!

Give to a good cause with every e-mail. Join the i’m Initiative from Microsoft.

Guest guest

Hi ,So sorry to hear that your husband has PSC. Have the doctor's said he is in Stage 4? Here is a general article on PSC that is quite good. http://www.niddk.nih.gov/fund/other/PSCSept2006.pdfBut even though PSC is a scary disease, many people (most people) get through it and do well. So it's best to focus on that, and take one day at a time. And it sounds as though that is exactly what you are doing. dug up the article above, and said that he shared it with family and friends who asked about the disease. I've found that it's too much for most people. People seem to take in this disease in small bites of info. But it may be helpful for your information.Good luck to you, and keep us posted on how you're doing.Marie

To: From: amandandme123@...Date: Mon, 19 May 2008 01:28:48 +0000Subject: Stages of PSC

Guest guest

Guest guest

Try not to let the " Stage " freak you out. My stage is 4. That is the

stage I was at when diagnosed about a year ago. Like someone said this

disease is a roller coaster ride, and I use to like roller coasters!

Right now I feel better than I have in a long time, but my labs are

worse than ever! I recently had a follow up at Baylor All Saints and

all they said was go home and do whatever you are doing because you are

doing great! I am not doing anything different than I have for my

entire life.

I'm Still here, and every once in awhile I have a good day.

PSC 5/07 Listed