RemedySpot.com

Why Oprah? -

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

, I think you may have missed the point of 'why' the NVA has tried to get coverage on the Oprah Show. I don't watch her show anymore, but MILLIONS of 'people' do! She reaches a worldwide audience - of all different ages. The best part though, was the NVA's request for Vulvodynia sufferers to be a local Media Contact when the segment airs. That is a really BIG deal. The NVA is looking 'BEYOND' Oprah and will contact Local News Stations across the country asking them to feature a follow up on Vulvodynia with a LOCAL vulvar pain sufferer. How good can it get? Your story, on your local News Station, educating MANY in your 'own' area - including Local Doctors and practitioners. Many doctors offices have a T.V. - Last time I had my teeth cleaned - my Dentist had put small wall-mounted tv's in every room. Guess what was on while my teeth

were being cleaned??? Dr. Oz on Oprah discussing Health Info! I plan to call my doctors offices (and a few others when I know for sure the segment will air) - to let them 'know' what will be airing. I even plan to email my friends that I've told about Vulvar pain. This could have a snowball effect....if/when it airs. If Oprah's Show doesn't air it, then I'm sure the NVA will work tirelessly to find another Media Outlet. As for your comments about housewives...a bit harsh in my opinion, though maybe you didn't mean for them to be. Vulvar pain conditions affect women of all ages from teens all the way up to those who have 'retired' from their jobs. As for being able to watch the show...or not watch it...... record it! Or have a friend record it for you. People work/go to school so many different hours and shifts these days, that we'd never find a 'time' that would

work for everyone! If anyone is interested in being a LOCAL media contact for the NVA.... contact Chris@... and ask if they have a contact for your area. Hugs, Chelle PS - Your idea about contacting the Health Channels - is very good. Let us know if you find out anything!