RemedySpot.com

Re: back from surgery

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hi Randy,So sorry to hear of your diagnosis. This is a pretty shocking way to get the news. I had 90% of my colon removed in 2000 for adenomas (precancer cells) when I was told my liver looked cirrhotic. Boy, the surgery was bad enough - I really didn't want more bad news. Anyway, it took quite a few more years to confirm PSC, but it was suspected in 2000. I wish you all the best. If you have questions, ask away.When is your takedown surgery for the J-pouch?Marie

UC, J-pouch, pouchitis, PSC, AIH, adrenal gland insufficiency

I recently had surgery to remove my colon (7/21/08) while I was having that procedure done the did a liver biopsy and checked out my gall bladder. they decided to remove the gall bladder because the bile ducts leading into it where all scared. for some reason my surgery to twice as long as normal (6 hours) because they said they couldnt figure out which duct to cut because they all looked the same? they had my gastro guy in route to the hospital when they figured it out. the liver biopsy show the very early stages of PSC. I now have an ileostomy Im adjusting to and I just returned to work this week (8/18/08).

Be the filmmaker you always wanted to be—learn how to burn a DVD with Windows®. Make your smash hit

Hi Randy,So sorry to hear of your diagnosis. This is a pretty shocking way to get the news. I had 90% of my colon removed in 2000 for adenomas (precancer cells) when I was told my liver looked cirrhotic. Boy, the surgery was bad enough - I really didn't want more bad news. Anyway, it took quite a few more years to confirm PSC, but it was suspected in 2000. I wish you all the best. If you have questions, ask away.When is your takedown surgery for the J-pouch?Marie

I recently had surgery to remove my colon (7/21/08) while I was having that procedure done the did a liver biopsy and checked out my gall bladder. they decided to remove the gall bladder because the bile ducts leading into it where all scared. for some reason my surgery to twice as long as normal (6 hours) because they said they couldnt figure out which duct to cut because they all looked the same? they had my gastro guy in route to the hospital when they figured it out. the liver biopsy show the very early stages of PSC. I now have an ileostomy Im adjusting to and I just returned to work this week (8/18/08).

Be the filmmaker you always wanted to be—learn how to burn a DVD with Windows®. Make your smash hit

Randy,

Welcome to the group. I had my gall bladder removed and was diagnosed with PSC 19 years ago and am continuing to do fine, so I know you will to. Hang in there and keep the faith and the faith will keep you.

Ian (52) PSC 89

-- Ian Cribb P.Eng.