RemedySpot.com

Re: Chelle/Ativan / Valium - nne

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

I think it really depends if you have an addictive personality, I have been using it not every nite but when I get pain and I feel I can stop actually I had stopped before.

CCreate a Home Theater Like the Pros. Watch the video on AOL Home.

Guest guest

HI nne. :) 'Most' doctors unfortunately are usually very reluctant to give out Ativan... it's considered too addictive..(wasn't Rush Limbaugh on that? or Valium? *same thing basically* )

Some studies I've read suggest it can be addictive in as little as 3 days and to not be used for more than 2 weeks at a time...so it's not for anyone I suppose with chronic pain, I'd think that's probably why your own doctor, while he'd give you other meds strong enough to kill a horse but is tentative about Ativan.

How ridiculous in 'my' opinion... *sigh*(depends on the person of course) but I've got a very good friend who's been on Xanax (same type) for over 2 yrs and takes it every night for sleep (I about fell over when she told me that, LOL) and she gets it from her doctor without a problem and I see nothing happening with her except she has more energy, and feels better in all ways. Her memory seems fine too. She's the only person I know on something like that for any length of time so for what that's worth.

But I guess it's so easy to get hooked on those because you do feel so good (and is often sold as a 'street drug' too for the good feeling it can give you)... but it can have it's side effects such as an amnesia (not sure if it's permanent or temporary with long term use) and some others. By the way some of the sleep meds out can do the same thing (forgetfulness).. ummmm I wonder if they'd help with pain?

I'm just so happy to hear it's worked so well for you and that the party ended up being a nice time to where you didn't even notice the pain. Hooray for that.

By the way here's some very interesting history about those types of drugs (minor tranquilizers- benzodiazepines) is here, just FYI.. :)

http://www.breggin.com/minortranqs.html

Hugs

Dee~