RemedySpot.com

Re: Just a few thoughts...

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Hey Starrydust, I think going to counseling is a great idea. It's very hard to cope with chronic pain, especially when in such a personal area. I also encourage you to get involved for awhile on the groups somewhere down the road. I have learned so much from the other gals. We are truly not only an educational area to lean on, but a good support as well. You are so not alone... How do I stay motivated? I cling very tightly to my own personal faith, which is my driving force. I keep alive in my mind constantly how badly I want to get well. I look at my little boys and my husband and they make me want to fight harder! I encourage myself...I tell myself, I will get better! I asked my husband to tell me everyday that I'm gonna beat this. I even asked my church family last night to remind me that I will beat this - their support and prayers have been so

helpful. I have been open and honest to the women of my church about Vulvar pain and the other conditions. I suffered in silence for too many years. I am very open now. I have nothing to be ashamed of. On top of v.pain and IC, I have Pudendal Neuralgia and I'm trying my best to avoid surgery. Quite honestly, I'm scared...but I know in my heart, I'll get passed it, if I'll only hold on and not give up. Hang in there and post anytime.... Hugs, Chelle

Guest guest

Hey Starrydust, I think going to counseling is a great idea. It's very hard to cope with chronic pain, especially when in such a personal area. I also encourage you to get involved for awhile on the groups somewhere down the road. I have learned so much from the other gals. We are truly not only an educational area to lean on, but a good support as well. You are so not alone... How do I stay motivated? I cling very tightly to my own personal faith, which is my driving force. I keep alive in my mind constantly how badly I want to get well. I look at my little boys and my husband and they make me want to fight harder! I encourage myself...I tell myself, I will get better! I asked my husband to tell me everyday that I'm gonna beat this. I even asked my church family last night to remind me that I will beat this - their support and prayers have been so

helpful. I have been open and honest to the women of my church about Vulvar pain and the other conditions. I suffered in silence for too many years. I am very open now. I have nothing to be ashamed of. On top of v.pain and IC, I have Pudendal Neuralgia and I'm trying my best to avoid surgery. Quite honestly, I'm scared...but I know in my heart, I'll get passed it, if I'll only hold on and not give up. Hang in there and post anytime.... Hugs, Chelle

Guest guest

Guest guest

I just wanted to add in that I started going to counseling and it is

very, very helpful. Sometimes I feel like I am burdening my

friends/family with this horrible insult of a disorder, and my

therapist gives me the unfettered outlet I need - that we all need.

Hang in there Starrydust, better days will come your way.

Emma

>

> Hey Starrydust, I think going to counseling is a great idea. It's

very hard to cope with chronic pain, especially when in such a

personal area.

>

> I also encourage you to get involved for awhile on the groups

somewhere down the road. I have learned so much from the other

gals. We are truly not only an educational area to lean on, but a

good support as well. You are so not alone...

>

> How do I stay motivated? I cling very tightly to my own personal

faith, which is my driving force. I keep alive in my mind constantly

how badly I want to get well. I look at my little boys and my husband

and they make me want to fight harder! I encourage myself...I tell

myself, I will get better! I asked my husband to tell me everyday

that I'm gonna beat this. I even asked my church family last night

to remind me that I will beat this - their support and prayers have

been so helpful. I have been open and honest to the women of my

church about Vulvar pain and the other conditions. I suffered in

silence for too many years. I am very open now. I have nothing to be

ashamed of.

>

> On top of v.pain and IC, I have Pudendal Neuralgia and I'm trying

my best to avoid surgery. Quite honestly, I'm scared...but I know in

my heart, I'll get passed it, if I'll only hold on and not give up.

Hang in there and post anytime.... Hugs, Chelle

>

Guest guest

Emma

>

personal area.

>

>

ashamed of.

>

>

Guest guest

Emma

>

personal area.

>

>

ashamed of.

>

>

Guest guest

I am a counselor and would add that even counselors need support and counseling at times :) We are human beings and even though we have been trained, we too are vulnerable to pain and loss. We are affected also. That's when support groups, such as this one helps us out in so many ways. Snofyre00 Emma wrote: I just wanted to add in that I started going to counseling and it is very, very helpful. Sometimes I feel like I am burdening my friends/family with this horrible insult of a disorder, and my therapist gives me the unfettered outlet I need - that we all need. Hang in there Starrydust, better days will come your way.Emma>> Hey Starrydust, I think going to counseling is a great idea. It's very hard to cope with chronic pain, especially when in such a personal area. > > I also encourage you to get involved for awhile on the groups somewhere down the road. I have learned so much from the other gals. We are truly not only an educational area to lean on, but a good support as well. You are so not

alone...> > How do I stay motivated? I cling very tightly to my own personal faith, which is my driving force. I keep alive in my mind constantly how badly I want to get well. I look at my little boys and my husband and they make me want to fight harder! I encourage myself...I tell myself, I will get better! I asked my husband to tell me everyday that I'm gonna beat this. I even asked my church family last night to remind me that I will beat this - their support and prayers have been so helpful. I have been open and honest to the women of my church about Vulvar pain and the other conditions. I suffered in silence for too many years. I am very open now. I have nothing to be ashamed of. > > On top of v.pain and IC, I have Pudendal Neuralgia and I'm trying my best to avoid surgery. Quite honestly, I'm scared...but I know in my heart, I'll get passed it, if I'll only hold on and not give up. Hang

in there and post anytime.... Hugs, Chelle>

Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with Yahoo! Search.

Guest guest

I am a counselor and would add that even counselors need support and counseling at times :) We are human beings and even though we have been trained, we too are vulnerable to pain and loss. We are affected also. That's when support groups, such as this one helps us out in so many ways. Snofyre00 Emma wrote: I just wanted to add in that I started going to counseling and it is very, very helpful. Sometimes I feel like I am burdening my friends/family with this horrible insult of a disorder, and my therapist gives me the unfettered outlet I need - that we all need. Hang in there Starrydust, better days will come your way.Emma>> Hey Starrydust, I think going to counseling is a great idea. It's very hard to cope with chronic pain, especially when in such a personal area. > > I also encourage you to get involved for awhile on the groups somewhere down the road. I have learned so much from the other gals. We are truly not only an educational area to lean on, but a good support as well. You are so not

alone...> > How do I stay motivated? I cling very tightly to my own personal faith, which is my driving force. I keep alive in my mind constantly how badly I want to get well. I look at my little boys and my husband and they make me want to fight harder! I encourage myself...I tell myself, I will get better! I asked my husband to tell me everyday that I'm gonna beat this. I even asked my church family last night to remind me that I will beat this - their support and prayers have been so helpful. I have been open and honest to the women of my church about Vulvar pain and the other conditions. I suffered in silence for too many years. I am very open now. I have nothing to be ashamed of. > > On top of v.pain and IC, I have Pudendal Neuralgia and I'm trying my best to avoid surgery. Quite honestly, I'm scared...but I know in my heart, I'll get passed it, if I'll only hold on and not give up. Hang

Guest guest

Guest guest

>

> So i've been part of this group for a really long time, but haven't

> been too involved with the group or my treatment. I think it got to

> the point where..i lost the will to even try to treat myself b/c it

> felt like there was no point and that whatever i had...would just

keep

> going on. I've been like that with PT, my gyno, and keeping up with

my

> estrogen/lidocaine compound treatments. My question was, how do

people

> manage to stay motivated in situations like these? I'm also

probably

> going to see a therapist soon since it's worn down on me so much.

>

Dear Starry Dust,

I read alot of web posts on several sites. I have posted many times

over the last two years. I , personally, have come to the conclusion

that I also need to TALK more - therapy or a Women's group perhaps.

All the stuff written here is wonderful...there is a great deal of

encouragement and support. But, it feels like a black box to me

sometimes when I am low. There ia NVA contact in my state and she

has had 3 meetings....real, live sit downs with other women. Each one

I have had to miss because of travelling or something. But, isnt that

a great idea? So, I encourage you to seek the human touch you may

need - think I will do the same. I will never stop reading and

posting here though! Email if youd like. na

Guest guest

>

> So i've been part of this group for a really long time, but haven't

> been too involved with the group or my treatment. I think it got to

> the point where..i lost the will to even try to treat myself b/c it

> felt like there was no point and that whatever i had...would just

keep

> going on. I've been like that with PT, my gyno, and keeping up with

my

> estrogen/lidocaine compound treatments. My question was, how do

people

> manage to stay motivated in situations like these? I'm also

probably

> going to see a therapist soon since it's worn down on me so much.

>

Dear Starry Dust,

I read alot of web posts on several sites. I have posted many times

over the last two years. I , personally, have come to the conclusion

that I also need to TALK more - therapy or a Women's group perhaps.

All the stuff written here is wonderful...there is a great deal of

encouragement and support. But, it feels like a black box to me

sometimes when I am low. There ia NVA contact in my state and she

has had 3 meetings....real, live sit downs with other women. Each one

I have had to miss because of travelling or something. But, isnt that

a great idea? So, I encourage you to seek the human touch you may

need - think I will do the same. I will never stop reading and

posting here though! Email if youd like. na