RemedySpot.com

another Bill Wise update

Rate this topic

Guest guest

and I pulled resources last night and I caught a plane for Chicago at 7:00 a.m. and drove from there up to University of Wisconsin (Madison). Yes, I saw Bill with my own two eyes today. He was surprised and pleased to see me, but I told him I'm just the representative for those who care about him. He says he's feeling better partly due to being NPO and allowing his pancreas more rest and in part because he stopped taking Potassium by mouth. Cultures revealed that he does not have C-diff so he is able to leave his room again. In fact, I found him sitting in a lounge area watching a movie, happy to be out of confinement. There've been multiple issues - the blockage, the fluid in his lung (which was collapsing when they discovered it) and pancreatitis. I will correct my earlier post - both lungs were not involved in the mishap, just the right lung. However, it wasn't your typical pneumonia, either. The blockage they are saying had been detected on an earlier MRCP, therefore there is no change to their approach to his treatment unless the brushings reveal something, and we're believing for the best - after all, brushings are routine with ERCPs, and we should never assume the worst.

He was feeling good and had a decent amount of energy when I got there, and didn't get fatigued for a couple of hours after I arrived. That was after visiting with me, getting cleaned up and talking to a couple of doctors.

Becky was feeling better, but when I talked to her about 3:30 she was resting and stated she wasn't feeling very good. If her health holds up she'll be up to visit Bill tomorrow and take me home with her to meet the kids and Bill's folks. Tonight I'm staying with a friend of theirs right here on campus, just a few blocks from the hospital. I went to sleep around 12;30 a.m. and my alarm went off at 4:30 a.m., so I'll most likely hit the bed early. I'll post again when I get a chance.

Find phone numbers fast with the New AOL Yellow Pages!