RemedySpot.com

My UltraSound Report ! (dilation, abscess and infection, liver texture)

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Hello everybody,

Today morning I had an ultrasound as I felt an enlargement a few days ago in the middle of my chest (exactly on top, between my left and right ribs) which is the left lob of liver, also I get my blood done and tomorrow I’ll get the result and I’m supposed to see my doctor tomorrow evening. Unfortunately my radiologist said about 50% of my liver is damaged and his report is:

Ultrasound shows the liver with abnormal parenchymal echo and chronic strictures and focal intrahepatic dilation of the biliary tree ducts.

These are now more localized in the medial Lt. Lobe segments 3 & 4 and around the porta hepatis & posterior Rt. Lobe, with abnormal nodular texture of the liver.

A 3 cm diameter chronic abscess and infected bile collection is again noted in segment 7.

Liver texture in the anterior Rt. Lobe & lateral Lt. Lobe remains more normal with smooth hepatic surface.

Spleen has further enlarged to 14x6 cm (12x7 cm)

I just wanted to know if there’s someone who has experienced the same or someone whose condition is like mine. (Localized dilation of biliary tree ducts, abscess and infection of bile, liver nodular texture)

If you know something informative or any suggestion helpful please write on my topic.

With hope,

Melvyn 20 y/o

Tehran, Iran

PSC 2005

Whipple, Cholecystectomy and jejunectomy