RemedySpot.com

Re: PSC and congestion (What is IgA deficency?)

Rate this topic

Guest guest

What is IgA definency?

Lori A.

"Aggressively Pursuing Solutions To Your Real Estate Needs!"

First Weber Group

Cell:

1507 E. Sunset Drive

Waukesha, WI 53189

LoriUSA@...

www.Lori.FirstWeber.com

Re: PSC and congestion

I used to, but they tell me it's because of the IgA deficency, which my daughter also has, and she goes through a lot of tissues and congestion. I had experimental laser surgery on my sinuses many years ago now, where they shrank to mucus making membraines in my sinuses, which has made a huge difference for me. I don't think this procedure was approved after the final testing though because I cannot find any one to perform the procedure on my daughter. I have also read everal articles that have said that people with autoimune disorders are more prone to allergies, I can't remember where I read them however, to ost the link. Another factor for my family is that we live in land, which is classed as having very poor air quality consisting of a tri-state area including PA and NJ. Personally I am allergic to cats, dogs, almost all tree pollen, dust and a few weeds. I used to take

allergy shot, but then I became allergic to the shots and the welts got so bad they had to discontinue them, that's when they did the laser procedure. Dawn >> Hi all,> Just wondering, how many of you have a lot of head/nasal congestion?> This is something my son has always had and I know he has lots of > allergies but> I never asked if others with PSC also have more than their share of > congestion.>

Thank you! Very good info. My Dad has PSC and has always had sinutitus as well as myself.

Lori A.

First Weber Group

Cell:

1507 E. Sunset Drive

Waukesha, WI 53189

LoriUSA@...

www.Lori.FirstWeber.com

IgA is one of the immunogobulins that our body makes to protect us from infections the others are IGG, IGM, IGE, and IGD. IgA lines all of your mucus membraines and helps to prevent invaders from entering into your body. For some people their bodies do not make any IgA and for others their body does not make enough to protect them. People with IgA deficency are more prone to respirtory, Gastro intestinal, vaginal, kidney, and eye infections. A common problem in IgA deficiency is susceptibility to infections. This is seen in about half of the patients with IgA deficiency that come to medical attention. Recurrent ear infections, sinusitis, bronchitis and pneumonia are the most common infections seen in patients with Selective IgA Deficiency. Some patients also have gastrointestinal infections and chronic diarrhea. The occurrence of these kinds of infections is easy to understand since IgA protects

mucosal surfaces. These infections may become chronic. Furthermore, the infection may not completely clear with treatment, and patients may have to remain on antibiotics for longer than usual.http://www.immunedi sease.com/ US/patients/ IDF/select_ iga.htmlHopefully this site and what I have written will help but if you have more questions please ask and I will try to answer them or some one else probably can. Dawn >> What is IgA definency?> > Lori A. > > "Aggressively Pursuing Solutions To Your Real Estate Needs!"> > First Weber Group> Cell: > 1507 E. Sunset Drive> Waukesha, WI 53189> LoriUSA@ ...> www.Lori.FirstWeber .com> > >

Thank you! Very good info. My Dad has PSC and has always had sinutitus as well as myself.

Lori A.

First Weber Group

Cell:

1507 E. Sunset Drive

Waukesha, WI 53189

LoriUSA@...

www.Lori.FirstWeber.com

IgA is one of the immunogobulins that our body makes to protect us from infections the others are IGG, IGM, IGE, and IGD. IgA lines all of your mucus membraines and helps to prevent invaders from entering into your body. For some people their bodies do not make any IgA and for others their body does not make enough to protect them. People with IgA deficency are more prone to respirtory, Gastro intestinal, vaginal, kidney, and eye infections. A common problem in IgA deficiency is susceptibility to infections. This is seen in about half of the patients with IgA deficiency that come to medical attention. Recurrent ear infections, sinusitis, bronchitis and pneumonia are the most common infections seen in patients with Selective IgA Deficiency. Some patients also have gastrointestinal infections and chronic diarrhea. The occurrence of these kinds of infections is easy to understand since IgA protects

mucosal surfaces. These infections may become chronic. Furthermore, the infection may not completely clear with treatment, and patients may have to remain on antibiotics for longer than usual.http://www.immunedi sease.com/ US/patients/ IDF/select_ iga.htmlHopefully this site and what I have written will help but if you have more questions please ask and I will try to answer them or some one else probably can. Dawn >> What is IgA definency?> > Lori A. > > "Aggressively Pursuing Solutions To Your Real Estate Needs!"> > First Weber Group> Cell: > 1507 E. Sunset Drive> Waukesha, WI 53189> LoriUSA@ ...> www.Lori.FirstWeber .com> > >

You Welcome. It's a simple blood test to determine if you have it or

not. I just told my mom to get tested.

Dawn

> Thank you!  Very good info.  My Dad has PSC and has always had

sinutitus as well as myself.

>

>  

Lee,

IgA deficency can not be corrected at this time. When my daughter was

a baby and sick all the time, she was placed on profalactic (probably

spelled wrong) antibiodics. This was discontinued however as MRSA

became more problematic. The did not want to risk her developing

resitence to any antibiodic. For a while we treated her with weekly

doses of Ecinachia (probably spelled wrong; however,she isn't treated

with anything these days. I have not been treated for it since I was

diagnosed.

Dawn

>

> Hi Dear,

> Has ever been tested for IgA? If there is a deficiency, can

it

> be corrected?

> Just wondering,

> Lee

>

Lee,

diagnosed.

Dawn

>

> Hi Dear,

it

> be corrected?

> Just wondering,

> Lee

>

Lee,

diagnosed.

Dawn

>

> Hi Dear,

it

> be corrected?

> Just wondering,

> Lee

>

Thanks Dawn, looks like I sent this to the group by mistake but I thank you for your answer !!!LeeLee,IgA deficency can not be corrected at this time. When my daughter was a baby and sick all the time, she was placed on profalactic (probably spelled wrong) antibiodics. This was discontinued however as MRSA became more problematic. The did not want to risk her developing resitence to any antibiodic. For a while we treated her with weekly doses of Ecinachia (probably spelled wrong; however,she isn't treated with anything these days. I have not been treated for it since I was diagnosed.

Thanks Dawn, looks like I sent this to the group by mistake but I thank you for your answer !!!LeeLee,IgA deficency can not be corrected at this time. When my daughter was a baby and sick all the time, she was placed on profalactic (probably spelled wrong) antibiodics. This was discontinued however as MRSA became more problematic. The did not want to risk her developing resitence to any antibiodic. For a while we treated her with weekly doses of Ecinachia (probably spelled wrong; however,she isn't treated with anything these days. I have not been treated for it since I was diagnosed.