RemedySpot.com

RE: Re: CDC recommends Shingles Vaccine

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

I think the vaccine against shingles is a live virus and may not be recommended for people who are immuno-suppressed, such as people with liver transplants. It would probably mean I shouldn't get it either, since I'm on imuran and prednisone for AIH.Marie

To: From: cgkueter@...Date: Thu, 15 May 2008 19:36:36 +0000Subject: Re: CDC recommends Shingles Vaccine

Glad to know there is a vaccine finally. I had a shingles outbreak in 1984 -- a few months

prior to my UC Dx and let me tell you -- that SUCKED! There were no anti-virals at the time,

and the nerve pain lasted for years. Horrid stuff.

Colleen

Stay in touch when you're away with Windows Live Messenger. IM anytime you're online.

Guest guest

On Tuesday my husband had an appt with our PCP and I asked about a shingles shot. She obviously didn't know about whether should have it so she called 's doc at the Transplant Clinic, Dr. Terry Box, and he hadn't even heard about it and said it was okay for . was just listed with a MELD of 9. Our PCP is very consientious with 's condition and knows when to contact the tx team.

Barbara (wife of PSC 07)

--------- Re: CDC recommends Shingles Vaccine

Glad to know there is a vaccine finally. I had a shingles outbreak in 1984 -- a few months prior to my UC Dx and let me tell you -- that SUCKED! There were no anti-virals at the time, and the nerve pain lasted for years. Horrid stuff.Colleen

Stay in touch when you're away with Windows Live Messenger. IM anytime you're online.