RemedySpot.com

Update from Penny

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

SUNDAY, AUGUST 10, 2008 11:21 AM, EST

Sunday day 19Hi everyone, another beautiful day. and I have just walked over the road to Woolies, done a bit of grocery shopping for school lunches this week and taken in a bit of sunshine.

Many people have asked if they can visit, and yes I would love visitors. A very special thank you must go to for his protectiveness during this first few weeks, I really couldn't handle many people, even sitting in my hospital bed (as Andy and Barb can attest to). Now I am feeling 1000% better, and can eat and drink anything!!!

My daily routine consists of blood tests about 7am at the hospital whilst takes the kids to school, then I sit around up there drinking coffee and chatting with kidney recipients until about 9:30am, whereupon the drs read the test results and decide my rejection drugs for the day. Sometimes the drs don't come up until 12ish, hence a long morning. After this, I need to eat (hint hint), and go home for a sleep.

The best idea if you wish to trek to Buranda is actually an sms probably about 11ish to see where i am, and lunchtime visits. There is a nice coffee shop that I can walk to!!! Otherwise it's hospital coffee between 8 and 10am!!!

The only thing I ask that you do not bring is germs. The anti-rejection drugs are very strong, and make me susceptible to ALL infections, either bacterial, viral or fungal. Any infection can be life threatening, so please no coughs, colds, flu, teething toddlers etc.

It will be a new lifestyle for me, because although I have always been immunocompromised with cvid, I am now totally without defences. No more Ekka, football, movies, anywhere crowded! It also means no more digging in the garden with compost or manure, but I wont mind that!

I'm sorry if this sounds dictatorial, or heavy handed, but it's vital to the health of me and my new liver!Thank you for taking the time to read this blurb, and to all the guest book signatories, thanks heaps. We all read the messages with relish.

Lots of love Penny T