RemedySpot.com

Re: E. & T. topically - Janet

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Hi Janet, using Estrogen and Testosterone topically can help the vulvar skin by working directly on the hormone receptors in the skin. Of course menopause can be notorious for atrophic changes to the vulva and vagina, causing dryness, burning, stinging, etc. Use of the birth control pill can also block Estrogen and Testosterone receptors in the skin. I started out using E. topically, then added T. later. The T. can actually help 'boost' estrogen receptors...I hope I'm not confusing you. The group owner - Dee - got completely well from vulvar pain by using these two topicals (as well as using systemic hormones). BUT, and this is the biggie here, it's best to use bio-identical hormones and not the synthetics. Several of us use Estrace cream (some have it compounded) and it really makes a difference when you have vulvar 'skin' problems. I'm in my mid 30's and at

32, my vulvar skin was beginning to get tiny tears....OUCH! After using the E. topically for a few months, my skin did so much better. If you search on the home page about E. & T. you will find tons of past posts. Hugs, Chelle