RemedySpot.com

RE: Autoimmune poll update (need more responses)

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Arne,

right up front I’ll admit math isn’t my first language. So if you could please answer my

question in percents for dummies, I’d appreciate it.

Can we actually read

your survey to say - 7% of group members have Fibromyalgia and 9% have Asthma? What if three or four people have 4 or

more diseases? Doesn’t that

mess up the whole survey?

Thank you,

Barb in Texas - Together in the Fight.... Whatever it

Takes!

Of the 56 people who have

responded so far (I assume 56 is the total):

Guest guest

Arne,

right up front I’ll admit math isn’t my first language. So if you could please answer my

Can we actually read

your survey to say - 7% of group members have Fibromyalgia and 9% have Asthma? What if three or four people have 4 or

Thank you,

Takes!

Guest guest

Arne,

Can we actually read

Thank you,

Takes!

Guest guest

Barb,

Arne is posting corrected percentages. He is presuming that everyone who answered tick PSC and therefore there where 56 people who responded. Of the people who voted 4 also ticked Fibromyalgia.

4 of 56 is 7%. The actual poll gives the percentages as a percentage of the total votes not how many people voted, therefore if somebody has four diseases it does throw the numbers off. For this reason Arne is posting the corrected results, using the number of people that ticked PSC as the number of respondents.

Ian (52) PSC 89

Arne, right up front I'll admit math isn't my first language. So if you could please answer my question in percents for dummies, I'd appreciate it.

Can we actually read your survey to say - 7% of group members have Fibromyalgia and 9% have Asthma? What if three or four people have 4 or more diseases? Doesn't that mess up the whole survey?

Thank you,

Barb in Texas - Together in the Fight.... Whatever it Takes!

Of the 56 people who have responded so far (I assume 56 is the total):

-- Ian Cribb former P.Eng. (resigned in good standing)

Guest guest

Barb,

Arne is posting corrected percentages. He is presuming that everyone who answered tick PSC and therefore there where 56 people who responded. Of the people who voted 4 also ticked Fibromyalgia.

4 of 56 is 7%. The actual poll gives the percentages as a percentage of the total votes not how many people voted, therefore if somebody has four diseases it does throw the numbers off. For this reason Arne is posting the corrected results, using the number of people that ticked PSC as the number of respondents.

Ian (52) PSC 89

Arne, right up front I'll admit math isn't my first language. So if you could please answer my question in percents for dummies, I'd appreciate it.

Can we actually read your survey to say - 7% of group members have Fibromyalgia and 9% have Asthma? What if three or four people have 4 or more diseases? Doesn't that mess up the whole survey?

Thank you,

Barb in Texas - Together in the Fight.... Whatever it Takes!

Of the 56 people who have responded so far (I assume 56 is the total):

-- Ian Cribb former P.Eng. (resigned in good standing)

Guest guest

You are exactly correct, but unless I make the responses NON-anonymous, I can't tell whether a respondent has only PSC or PSC plus 5 others. For example, I have 4 responses - PSC, UC, asthma, other (eczema is considered to be an allergic disease, but also has autoimmune characteristics).

Ian is also correct; still the same problem. Can't determine the number of autoimmune diseases without more information. The percentages are correct, but they don't tell the whole story. Anecdotally, I think it does confirm that PSCers have more autoimmune diseases than controls.

Arne

57 - UC 1977 - PSC 2000

Alive and well in Minnesota

Can we actually read your survey to say - 7% of group members have Fibromyalgia and 9% have Asthma? What if three or four people have 4 or more diseases? Doesn’t that mess up the whole survey?

Guest guest

You are exactly correct, but unless I make the responses NON-anonymous, I can't tell whether a respondent has only PSC or PSC plus 5 others. For example, I have 4 responses - PSC, UC, asthma, other (eczema is considered to be an allergic disease, but also has autoimmune characteristics).

Ian is also correct; still the same problem. Can't determine the number of autoimmune diseases without more information. The percentages are correct, but they don't tell the whole story. Anecdotally, I think it does confirm that PSCers have more autoimmune diseases than controls.

Arne

57 - UC 1977 - PSC 2000

Can we actually read your survey to say - 7% of group members have Fibromyalgia and 9% have Asthma? What if three or four people have 4 or more diseases? Doesn’t that mess up the whole survey?

Guest guest

Arne

57 - UC 1977 - PSC 2000

Guest guest

Anecdotally, I think it

does confirm that PSCer’s have more autoimmune diseases than controls

Thank you Arne, I got it now (I’m

pretty sure.) So……good

to know, but not totally scientific. I wonder how many of those listed would

apply to caretakers?

If you changed UC to plain colitis/IBS

and changed Rhe Arthritis to plain Arthritis or Osteoporosis, I’d have 3. But, didn’t we see a study that

already linked one to others? I can’t

remember (should of added forgetfulness!)

Thank you gentlemen, you’ve

really helped me,

Takes!

_._,___

Guest guest

Anecdotally, I think it

pretty sure.) So……good

apply to caretakers?

and changed Rhe Arthritis to plain Arthritis or Osteoporosis, I’d have 3. But, didn’t we see a study that

really helped me,

Takes!

_._,___

Guest guest

Anecdotally, I think it

pretty sure.) So……good

apply to caretakers?

really helped me,

Takes!

_._,___

Guest guest

For autoimmune - I don't think we would include IBS (irritable bowel syndrome) or non-rheumatoid arthritis or osteoporosis, as these are not autoimmune. Doesnt' mean that arthritis or osteoarthritis is not a pain!

Joanne H

(, Ca)

If you changed UC to plain colitis/IBS and changed Rhe Arthritis to plain Arthritis or Osteoporosis, I’d have 3. But, didn’t we see a study that already linked one to others? I can’t remember (should of added forgetfulness!)

Guest guest

For autoimmune - I don't think we would include IBS (irritable bowel syndrome) or non-rheumatoid arthritis or osteoporosis, as these are not autoimmune. Doesnt' mean that arthritis or osteoarthritis is not a pain!

Joanne H

(, Ca)

If you changed UC to plain colitis/IBS and changed Rhe Arthritis to plain Arthritis or Osteoporosis, I’d have 3. But, didn’t we see a study that already linked one to others? I can’t remember (should of added forgetfulness!)

Guest guest

arne,

why not run a nonanonymous one? We seem to have no filter control on what we are

willing to share LOL. I mean, come on, bowels, menses, sex . . . I do not

exclude myself from this observation BTW. Cheryl ID

-----Original message-----

>

>

> Arne

> 57 - UC 1977 - PSC 2000

> Alive and well in Minnesota

>

> ________________________________

>

> From: [mailto: ] On

> Behalf Of Barb Henshaw

>

> Can we actually read your survey to say - 7% of group members have

> Fibromyalgia and 9% have Asthma? What if three or four people have 4 or

> more diseases? Doesn't that mess up the whole survey?

>

>