RemedySpot.com

Happy re-birthday!

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

To Cy S! 7/31/2001

From the archives of 2001:

Message 38915

I am a new member and also new to chat groups. I was diagnoised with psc in '94 and told I would probably need a tx within 5-10 yrs. Because of our insurance, I had to travel over 200 mi. to Minneapolis in spring '98. This was supposed to be for an evaluation but turned out to have a tube put in and spend 2 wks in hospital. Fall of '98 we were urged to change our insurance which we did and in April I was put on the list at UW Madison. This is only 40 mi. from home and has the best sucess rate. I was very happy. The end of April I began to bleed internally and for the next 3 months spent most of my time in hospital. I traveled up the tx list quite fast but did not expect to make it. God was taking care of me again and I received my new liver on 7-3l-99. The first year I had problems with infections and tubes, but the second year I felt wonderful. Even went out east to see my sister alone. Last July however, I started with chills and fever again and I knew right away what it was. Spent a week at UW and had 2 tubes inserted. Since then have had several stays there usually when my tubes were changed and I started with fevers. One tube was removed before Xmas last year, but the other one remains until next week. Am still having bouts of chills and fever, usually about every 2 wks.

In March my surgeon finally admitted that my psc was returning and they are talking about another tx when it gets worse. I questioned going through this again when so many people are still waiting for their turn, but was told not to think that way. What I would like to know is if there is anyone out there who has had this happen and if they have had a second tx, how they are doing. I'm less then excited about going throught this again, however I'm not sure I'm as ready to die as I was in '99. My family has already gone through so much, but they don't want to think about my not trying again.

Cy