RemedySpot.com

RE: Message from Dr. Lindor

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Hi Ricky & Don,I have 2 questions:What is OLT?It sounds as though we can stay on a lower dose of URSO; is this correct?Marie

To: From: thesafers@...Date: Sun, 6 Jul 2008 22:32:07 -0600Subject: Message from Dr. Lindor

Dear All:

Dr. Lindor was kind enough to take the time to answer my email, asking him for any information that he could share with our group about the results of his Urso study. I'm sharing his note with you:

"Thanks for the note. We are analyzing the data now more fully. We did find a three fold increased risk of varices and OLT/death in the URSO group to our surprise. We are asking people to go off the high dose now. We will have more to say later as we complete our analysis, but these are the data behind the recommendation."

It looks like we'll have to wait until his study is written up in order to know exactly what this means for each of us.

Ricky

PSC 2003Making the world a better place one message at a time. Check out the i'm Talkathon.

The i’m Talkaton. Can 30-days of conversation change the world? Find out now.

Guest guest

Hi Ricky & Don,I have 2 questions:What is OLT?It sounds as though we can stay on a lower dose of URSO; is this correct?Marie

To: From: thesafers@...Date: Sun, 6 Jul 2008 22:32:07 -0600Subject: Message from Dr. Lindor

Dear All:

Dr. Lindor was kind enough to take the time to answer my email, asking him for any information that he could share with our group about the results of his Urso study. I'm sharing his note with you:

"Thanks for the note. We are analyzing the data now more fully. We did find a three fold increased risk of varices and OLT/death in the URSO group to our surprise. We are asking people to go off the high dose now. We will have more to say later as we complete our analysis, but these are the data behind the recommendation."

It looks like we'll have to wait until his study is written up in order to know exactly what this means for each of us.

Ricky

PSC 2003Making the world a better place one message at a time. Check out the i'm Talkathon.

Guest guest

Dear All:

Ricky

Guest guest

>

> What is OLT?

==================

OLT = Orthotopic Liver Transplant (whereby the diseased liver is removed and

replaced by

another whole liver). Google it and you'll find tons on the subject.

Regards,

Carolyn B. in SC

Guest guest

>

> What is OLT?

==================

OLT = Orthotopic Liver Transplant (whereby the diseased liver is removed and

replaced by

another whole liver). Google it and you'll find tons on the subject.

Regards,

Carolyn B. in SC

Guest guest

Hi Marie,

I think OLT is Orthotopic Liver Transplantation.

Jeff in FL

Hi Ricky & Don,I have 2 questions:What is OLT?It sounds as though we can stay on a lower dose of URSO; is this correct?

Marie

To: From: thesafers (AT) msn (DOT) comDate: Sun, 6 Jul 2008 22:32:07 -0600Subject: Message from Dr. Lindor

Dear All: Dr. Lindor was kind enough to take the time to answer my email, asking him for any information that he could share with our group about the results of his Urso study. I'm sharing his note with you: "Thanks for the note. We are analyzing the data now more fully. We did find a three fold increased risk of varices and OLT/death in the URSO group to our surprise. We are asking people to go off the high dose now. We will have more to say later as we complete our analysis, but these are the data behind the recommendation." It looks like we'll have to wait until his study is written up in order to know exactly what this means for each of us. RickyPSC 2003

Making the world a better place one message at a time. Check out the i'm Talkathon.

The i知 Talkaton. Can 30-days of conversation change the world? Find out now.

Gas prices getting you down? Search AOL Autos for fuel-efficient used cars.

Guest guest

Can anyone enlighten me as to what dose was considered "high dose" for the purposes of Dr.Lindor's study? How many mg/kg? My husband is approximately 160 lbs and he is on 1800 mg/day. My son who is 124 lbs is on 1200/day.

Thanks in advance.

Message from Dr. Lindor

Dear All:

Ricky

PSC 2003

Making the world a better place one message at a time. Check out the i'm Talkathon.

The Famous, the infamous, the lame - in your browser. Get the TMZ Toolbar Now!

Guest guest

Hi Marie,

It looks like Carolyn answered your question re: OLT. Re: staying on a lower dose of urso....Certainly don't make your decision based on whatever I tell you. Please check with your hepatologist to see what he/she says. I checked with my hepatologist, and although the data has not been published, he recommended that I go back to the lower dose of urso (max. 15 mg/kg). At this point, he is not concerned about the lower dose of urso, but once the study is published, we'll revisit this topic again. I would definitely check with your hep. Hope you're feeling OK.

Ricky

To: From: marie_nilsson17@...Date: Sun, 6 Jul 2008 23:15:12 -0700Subject: RE: Message from Dr. Lindor

Hi Ricky & Don,I have 2 questions:What is OLT?It sounds as though we can stay on a lower dose of URSO; is this correct?

Marie

Dear All: Dr. Lindor was kind enough to take the time to answer my email, asking him for any information that he could share with our group about the results of his Urso study. I'm sharing his note with you: "Thanks for the note. We are analyzing the data now more fully. We did find a three fold increased risk of varices and OLT/death in the URSO group to our surprise. We are asking people to go off the high dose now. We will have more to say later as we complete our analysis, but these are the data behind the recommendation." It looks like we'll have to wait until his study is written up in order to know exactly what this means for each of us. RickyPSC 2003

The i’m Talkaton. Can 30-days of conversation change the world? Find out now. Use video conversation to talk face-to-face with Windows Live Messenger. Get started.