RemedySpot.com

Re: Transplant Hospitals

Rate this topic

Guest guest

My son sees Dr. Makar at the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania (HUP). We just started seeing him, as my son just transitioned from a Children's Hospital. We had heard great things about HUP and so far we are very pleased.

Hope this helps!

Beth~Marco's Mom

Please be a Blood and Organ Donor!

Subject: Transplant HospitalsTo: Date: Tuesday, August 19, 2008, 8:48 PM

Hello everyoneI was wondering if I could ask you if you know how I could find out the hospitals on the east coast (mainly in Pa) who perfom liver transplant. My son (dx at age 15 with PSC) is in the hospital and the transplant hospital he is enrolled ( Jefferson Philadephia) has a problem with calling back with instructions and today pushed me over the limit. He is 31 now and has had several episodes of ascites enough to cause his breathing to become labored. In the past we have had to rush him to the nearest hospital near our home which is about 2 hours away from Philadephia to be treated. The problem is that when the ER calls the M.D. my son has at Jefferson does not return their call. My son has been suffering from this ascites for nearly three weeks (he saws the MD at Jefferson within this time frame and was told he wanted to hold off tapping him to make sure it was not an

intestional thing) I am at my wits end I think it is time I research other facilities who will respond to emergencies in a timely manner. Sorry to be venting but please if anyone can direct me to the information I need it will be very very much appreciated.Thank you

Hi,

This link http://www.optn.org/data/ has all sorts of data on organ transplants or this one http://liversociety.org/html/liver_transplant_hosptials.html lists all hospitals doing liver transplants.

Ian (52) PSC 89

Hello everyoneI was wondering if I could ask you if you know how I could find out the hospitals on the east coast (mainly in Pa) who perfom liver transplant. My son (dx at age 15 with PSC) is in the hospital and

the transplant hospital he is enrolled ( Jefferson Philadephia) has a problem with calling back with instructions and today pushed me over the limit. He is 31 now and has had several episodes of ascites

enough to cause his breathing to become labored. In the past we have had to rush him to the nearest hospital near our home which is about 2 hours away from Philadephia to be treated. The problem is that when the ER calls the M.D. my son has at Jefferson does not return

their call. My son has been suffering from this ascites for nearly three weeks (he saws the MD at Jefferson within this time frame and was told he wanted to hold off tapping him to make sure it was not an intestional thing) I am at my wits end I think it is time I research

other facilities who will respond to emergencies in a timely manner. Sorry to be venting but please if anyone can direct me to the information I need it will be very very much appreciated.Thank you

-- Ian Cribb P.Eng.

I know it's far away, but s Hopkins, In Baltimore, might be worth the trip.

We've been to Miami(Jaackson), s Hopkins and Mayo(ville). Our choice is Mayo, it's 4 hours from home, and head and shoulders above all.. My wife has been diagnosed with PSC, got early intervention and is asympomatic.

Good luck to all who were not as fortunate.

Harvey

Transplant Hospitals

Hello everyoneI was wondering if I could ask you if you know how I could find out the hospitals on the east coast (mainly in Pa) who perfom liver transplant. My son (dx at age 15 with PSC) is in the hospital and the transplant hospital he is enrolled ( Jefferson Philadephia) has a problem with calling back with instructions and today pushed me over the limit. He is 31 now and has had several episodes of ascites enough to cause his breathing to become labored. In the past we have had to rush him to the nearest hospital near our home which is about 2 hours away from Philadephia to be treated. The problem is that when the ER calls the M.D. my son has at Jefferson does not return their call. My son has been suffering from this ascites for nearly three weeks (he saws the MD at Jefferson within this time frame and was told he wanted to hold off tapping him to make sure it was not an

intestional thing) I am at my wits end I think it is time I research other facilities who will respond to emergencies in a timely manner. Sorry to be venting but please if anyone can direct me to the information I need it will be very very much appreciated.Thank you

As Ian pointed out OPTN has lists of transplant centers organized by

type of transplant and region. Go to

http://www.optn.org/members/search.asp and select " Transplant Centers

by Organ " , then " Liver " followed by a state or region - 2 (PA, NJ, MD,

DE & WV), 9 (NY, VT), 10 (IN, OH, MI), 11 (KY, TN, VA, NC, SC) or

" All " . This will give you a list of links to the transplant centers

with phone numbers for most of them.

Tim R