RemedySpot.com

Anyone have brain problems because of the PSC?

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

I posted about a month ago about my neurologist thinking i may have

MS. Well I had my follow up yesterday. My sed rate is high (38) and

has never been that high before. I know that doesn't really show

much but that there is some inflammation somewhere. As for the

results from my lumbar puncture, my intercranial pressure (ICP) was

high. The normal is 7-15 and mine is 20. I am not sure what that

means, neither is he because the MRI was done wrong. The level of

IGG antibodies (?) in my CSF was also high. The other things were

normal but he said he still can't completely rule out or definatley

dx MS. If I do have it though it is early and they have great

treatments now. (that's what he said)

The MRI that they did was wrong. The didn't do it with contrast and

they didn't do my neck. I didn't know they were supposed to or I

would have told them at the hosptial, lol. He said that an MRI

without contrast is useless for an MS dx because you can't see if

there are small lesions. So I go in Friday for the MRI of brain and

c-spine. And they are doing it under sedation this time thank GOD!

He gave me some medicine that is supposed to help with nerve pain,

it's called Neurontin. I hope it helps, I need something. He also

did a ton of labs. (ANA, B 12, CBC w. diff, CMP, Folate, Free T3,

RPR, Sed Rate, TSH, Ferritin, FE, Total Iron Binding Capacity,

Tiisue translutaminase, creatine kinase, c-reactive protein,

aldolase, LDH, ACTH, Prolactin, HbA1c, and a UA and Urine porphyria

panel)

I was shocked, really. They told me that if there were any problems

with my tests they would call me and not wait the 2 weeks to see the

neuro. Well they didn't call so I figured there was nothing wrong.

The increased ICP is not just something that will go away from what

he said. There is a reason for it. He didn't have a specific answer

and he said we'll look into it.

So OF COURSE I come home and google it and find it can be liver

failure, heart problems, brain lesions, a stroke....anything. So

that worried me of course. My LFTs were all pretty much normal in

May. My alk phos was only 134. It makes me wonder if my liver is

causing the stuff because it's only been going on since May. I just

don't know what to think. I feel like I'm going to go nuts, lol.

At least I know that all this crap I'm feeling isn't in my mind.

I just hate the waiting. Has anyone had similar stuff with their

brain because of PSC or am I dealing with yet another completely

different illness?

PBC, PSC, Raynauds, hypothyroid, ???

Guest guest

Hi ,

I've been diagnosed with Fahr's disease (its even rarer than PSC) (calcium deposits on the brain) I don't know if its related to PSC. It maybe caused by a medicine I was briefly on for PSC (methotrexate in 1992). Hope they can find a base cause for all your medical problems and get on top of them.

Ian (52) PSC & bile ducts removed 89, Fahr's disease 07

I posted about a month ago about my neurologist thinking i may have MS. Well I had my follow up yesterday. My sed rate is high (38) and has never been that high before. I know that doesn't really show

much but that there is some inflammation somewhere. As for the results from my lumbar puncture, my intercranial pressure (ICP) was high. The normal is 7-15 and mine is 20. I am not sure what that means, neither is he because the MRI was done wrong. The level of

IGG antibodies (?) in my CSF was also high. The other things were normal but he said he still can't completely rule out or definatley dx MS. If I do have it though it is early and they have great treatments now. (that's what he said)

The MRI that they did was wrong. The didn't do it with contrast and they didn't do my neck. I didn't know they were supposed to or I would have told them at the hosptial, lol. He said that an MRI

without contrast is useless for an MS dx because you can't see if there are small lesions. So I go in Friday for the MRI of brain and c-spine. And they are doing it under sedation this time thank GOD!He gave me some medicine that is supposed to help with nerve pain,

it's called Neurontin. I hope it helps, I need something. He also did a ton of labs. (ANA, B 12, CBC w. diff, CMP, Folate, Free T3, RPR, Sed Rate, TSH, Ferritin, FE, Total Iron Binding Capacity, Tiisue translutaminase, creatine kinase, c-reactive protein,

aldolase, LDH, ACTH, Prolactin, HbA1c, and a UA and Urine porphyria panel)I was shocked, really. They told me that if there were any problems with my tests they would call me and not wait the 2 weeks to see the

neuro. Well they didn't call so I figured there was nothing wrong. The increased ICP is not just something that will go away from what he said. There is a reason for it. He didn't have a specific answer

and he said we'll look into it.So OF COURSE I come home and google it and find it can be liver failure, heart problems, brain lesions, a stroke....anything. So that worried me of course. My LFTs were all pretty much normal in

May. My alk phos was only 134. It makes me wonder if my liver is causing the stuff because it's only been going on since May. I just don't know what to think. I feel like I'm going to go nuts, lol.

At least I know that all this crap I'm feeling isn't in my mind. I just hate the waiting. Has anyone had similar stuff with their brain because of PSC or am I dealing with yet another completely different illness?

PBC, PSC, Raynauds, hypothyroid, ??? -- Ian Cribb P.Eng.

Guest guest

Hi ,

I've been diagnosed with Fahr's disease (its even rarer than PSC) (calcium deposits on the brain) I don't know if its related to PSC. It maybe caused by a medicine I was briefly on for PSC (methotrexate in 1992). Hope they can find a base cause for all your medical problems and get on top of them.

I posted about a month ago about my neurologist thinking i may have MS. Well I had my follow up yesterday. My sed rate is high (38) and has never been that high before. I know that doesn't really show

much but that there is some inflammation somewhere. As for the results from my lumbar puncture, my intercranial pressure (ICP) was high. The normal is 7-15 and mine is 20. I am not sure what that means, neither is he because the MRI was done wrong. The level of

IGG antibodies (?) in my CSF was also high. The other things were normal but he said he still can't completely rule out or definatley dx MS. If I do have it though it is early and they have great treatments now. (that's what he said)

The MRI that they did was wrong. The didn't do it with contrast and they didn't do my neck. I didn't know they were supposed to or I would have told them at the hosptial, lol. He said that an MRI

without contrast is useless for an MS dx because you can't see if there are small lesions. So I go in Friday for the MRI of brain and c-spine. And they are doing it under sedation this time thank GOD!He gave me some medicine that is supposed to help with nerve pain,

it's called Neurontin. I hope it helps, I need something. He also did a ton of labs. (ANA, B 12, CBC w. diff, CMP, Folate, Free T3, RPR, Sed Rate, TSH, Ferritin, FE, Total Iron Binding Capacity, Tiisue translutaminase, creatine kinase, c-reactive protein,

aldolase, LDH, ACTH, Prolactin, HbA1c, and a UA and Urine porphyria panel)I was shocked, really. They told me that if there were any problems with my tests they would call me and not wait the 2 weeks to see the

neuro. Well they didn't call so I figured there was nothing wrong. The increased ICP is not just something that will go away from what he said. There is a reason for it. He didn't have a specific answer

and he said we'll look into it.So OF COURSE I come home and google it and find it can be liver failure, heart problems, brain lesions, a stroke....anything. So that worried me of course. My LFTs were all pretty much normal in

May. My alk phos was only 134. It makes me wonder if my liver is causing the stuff because it's only been going on since May. I just don't know what to think. I feel like I'm going to go nuts, lol.

At least I know that all this crap I'm feeling isn't in my mind. I just hate the waiting. Has anyone had similar stuff with their brain because of PSC or am I dealing with yet another completely different illness?

Guest guest

Hi ,

Guest guest

Ian,Very sorry to hear about that diagnosis. What are the symptoms of Fahr's disease?Marie

To: From: icribb@...Date: Thu, 17 Jul 2008 20:16:59 -0800Subject: Re: Anyone have brain problems because of the PSC?

Hi ,

Stay in touch when you're away with Windows Live Messenger. IM anytime you're online.

Guest guest

Ian,Very sorry to hear about that diagnosis. What are the symptoms of Fahr's disease?Marie

To: From: icribb@...Date: Thu, 17 Jul 2008 20:16:59 -0800Subject: Re: Anyone have brain problems because of the PSC?

Hi ,

Stay in touch when you're away with Windows Live Messenger. IM anytime you're online.

Guest guest

Hi ,

Guest guest

Marie,

Like PSC, Fahr's is a progressive disease that progresses at differing rates in everyone. It has not progressed fahr (pardon the pun) in me (my speech is a bit slurred and I has lost about 10 % of my processing speed). The symptoms can become very nasty.

Symptoms of Fahr's Syndrome

General information about symptoms of Fahr's

Syndrome: The symptom information on this page attempts

to provide a list of some possible symptoms of Fahr's

Syndrome. This symptom information has been gathered

from various sources, may not be fully accurate, and may

not be the full list of symptoms of Fahr's Syndrome.

Furthermore, symptoms of Fahr's Syndrome may vary on an

individual basis for each patient. Only your doctor can

provide adequate diagnosis of symptoms and whether they

are indeed symptoms of Fahr's Syndrome.

List of symptoms of Fahr's Syndrome: The list of

symptoms mentioned in various sources for Fahr's

Syndrome includes:

Motor function deterioration

Dementia

Mental retardation

Spastic paralysis

Dysarthria (poorly articulated speech)

Spasticity (stiffness of the limbs)

Eye impairments

Athetosis (involuntary, writhing movements)

Parkinson's-like symptoms

Tremors

Rigidity

Mask-like facial appearance

Shuffling gait

" pill-rolling " finger motion

Dystonia

Chorea

Seizures

Symptoms of Fahr's Syndrome: Symptoms of the disorder

may include motor function deterioration, dementia, mental

retardation, spastic paralysis, dysarthria (poorly articulated

speech), spasticity (stiffness of the limbs), ocular (eye)

impairments, and athetosis (involuntary, writhing

movements). Features of Parkinson's disease such as

tremors, rigidity (resistance to imposed movement), a masklike

facial appearance, shuffling gait, and a " pill-rolling "

motion of the fingers may also occur in individuals with

Fahr's syndrome. Other symptoms may include dystonia

(disordered muscle tone), chorea (involuntary, rapid, jerky movements), and seizures.

More symptoms of Fahr's Syndrome: In addition to the

above information, to get a full picture of the possible

symptoms of this condition and its related conditions, it may

be necessary to examine symptoms that may be caused by

complications of Fahr's Syndrome, underlying causes of

Fahr's Syndrome, associated conditions for Fahr's

Syndrome, risk factors for Fahr's Syndrome, or other related

conditions.

Hopefully I'll surcome to PSC before I loss my mind, but the Lord gives and the Lord takes away and as long as I'm sane I will praise the Lord. May His will be done.

Ian

Ian,Very sorry to hear about that diagnosis. What are the symptoms of Fahr's disease?

Marie

To: From: icribb@...

Date: Thu, 17 Jul 2008 20:16:59 -0800Subject: Re: Anyone have brain problems because of the PSC?

Hi ,

-- Ian Cribb P.Eng.

Guest guest

Marie,

Like PSC, Fahr's is a progressive disease that progresses at differing rates in everyone. It has not progressed fahr (pardon the pun) in me (my speech is a bit slurred and I has lost about 10 % of my processing speed). The symptoms can become very nasty.

Syndrome includes:

Dementia

Mental retardation

Spastic paralysis

Eye impairments

Tremors

Rigidity

Shuffling gait

Dystonia

Chorea

Seizures

(disordered muscle tone), chorea (involuntary, rapid, jerky movements), and seizures.

conditions.

Hopefully I'll surcome to PSC before I loss my mind, but the Lord gives and the Lord takes away and as long as I'm sane I will praise the Lord. May His will be done.

Ian

Ian,Very sorry to hear about that diagnosis. What are the symptoms of Fahr's disease?

Marie

Date: Thu, 17 Jul 2008 20:16:59 -0800Subject: Re: Anyone have brain problems because of the PSC?

Hi ,

-- Ian Cribb P.Eng.

Guest guest

Marie,

Syndrome includes:

Dementia

Mental retardation

Spastic paralysis

Eye impairments

Tremors

Rigidity

Shuffling gait

Dystonia

Chorea

Seizures

conditions.

Ian

Marie

Hi ,

-- Ian Cribb P.Eng.

Guest guest

Ian,

Again, I am very sorry to hear about your diagnosis. That is truly a horrific disease.

Marie

To: From: icribb@...Date: Thu, 17 Jul 2008 23:44:28 -0800Subject: Re: Anyone have brain problems because of the PSC?

Marie,

Syndrome: The symptom information on this page attempts to provide a list of some possible symptoms of Fahr's

List of symptoms of Fahr's Syndrome: The list of symptoms mentioned in various sources for Fahr's

Syndrome includes:

Motor function deterioration Dementia Mental retardation Spastic paralysis Dysarthria (poorly articulated speech) Spasticity (stiffness of the limbs) Eye impairments Athetosis (involuntary, writhing movements) Parkinson's-like symptoms Tremors Rigidity Mask-like facial appearance Shuffling gait "pill-rolling" finger motion Dystonia Chorea Seizures Symptoms of Fahr's Syndrome: Symptoms of the disorder may include motor function deterioration, dementia, mental

facial appearance, shuffling gait, and a "pill-rolling"

More symptoms of Fahr's Syndrome: In addition to the above information, to get a full picture of the possible

conditions.

Ian

On 7/17/08, Marie Nilsson <marie_nilsson17 (AT) msn (DOT) com> wrote:

Marie

To: From: icribb (AT) gmail (DOT) comDate: Thu, 17 Jul 2008 20:16:59 -0800Subject: Re: Anyone have brain problems because of the PSC?

Hi ,

I posted about a month ago about my neurologist thinking i may have MS. Well I had my follow up yesterday. My sed rate is high (38) and has never been that high before. I know that doesn't really show much but that there is some inflammation somewhere. As for the results from my lumbar puncture, my intercranial pressure (ICP) was high. The normal is 7-15 and mine is 20. I am not sure what that means, neither is he because the MRI was done wrong. The level of IGG antibodies (?) in my CSF was also high. The other things were normal but he said he still can't completely rule out or definatley dx MS. If I do have it though it is early and they have great treatments now. (that's what he said)The MRI that they did was wrong. The didn't do it with contrast and they didn't do my neck. I didn't know they were supposed to or I would have told them at the hosptial, lol. He said that an MRI without contrast is useless for an MS dx because you can't see if there are small lesions. So I go in Friday for the MRI of brain and c-spine. And they are doing it under sedation this time thank GOD!He gave me some medicine that is supposed to help with nerve pain, it's called Neurontin. I hope it helps, I need something. He also did a ton of labs. (ANA, B 12, CBC w. diff, CMP, Folate, Free T3, RPR, Sed Rate, TSH, Ferritin, FE, Total Iron Binding Capacity, Tiisue translutaminase, creatine kinase, c-reactive protein, aldolase, LDH, ACTH, Prolactin, HbA1c, and a UA and Urine porphyria panel)I was shocked, really. They told me that if there were any problems with my tests they would call me and not wait the 2 weeks to see the neuro. Well they didn't call so I figured there was nothing wrong. The increased ICP is not just something that will go away from what he said. There is a reason for it. He didn't have a specific answer and he said we'll look into it.So OF COURSE I come home and google it and find it can be liver failure, heart problems, brain lesions, a stroke....anything. So that worried me of course. My LFTs were all pretty much normal in May. My alk phos was only 134. It makes me wonder if my liver is causing the stuff because it's only been going on since May. I just don't know what to think. I feel like I'm going to go nuts, lol. At least I know that all this crap I'm feeling isn't in my mind. I just hate the waiting. Has anyone had similar stuff with their brain because of PSC or am I dealing with yet another completely different illness? PBC, PSC, Raynauds, hypothyroid, ??? -- Ian Cribb P.Eng.

-- Ian Cribb P.Eng. Time for vacation? WIN what you need. Enter Now!

Guest guest

Yes it sounds like it could be a potentailly horrific disease, but don't feel sorry for me. After being diagnosed with PSC 19 years ago I feel blessed to be still around long enough to be diagnosed with Fahr's last year. I have now been married for 27 years and have four wonderful sons.

Ian (52) PSC 89

Ian, Again, I am very sorry to hear about your diagnosis. That is truly a horrific disease.

Marie

Date: Thu, 17 Jul 2008 23:44:28 -0800 Subject: Re: Anyone have brain problems because of the PSC?

Marie,

Syndrome: The symptom information on this page attempts to provide a list of some possible symptoms of Fahr's

List of symptoms of Fahr's Syndrome: The list of symptoms mentioned in various sources for Fahr's

Syndrome includes:

Motor function deterioration Dementia Mental retardation Spastic paralysis Dysarthria (poorly articulated speech) Spasticity (stiffness of the limbs) Eye impairments Athetosis (involuntary, writhing movements) Parkinson's-like symptoms Tremors Rigidity Mask-like facial appearance Shuffling gait " pill-rolling " finger motion Dystonia Chorea Seizures Symptoms of Fahr's Syndrome: Symptoms of the disorder may include motor function deterioration, dementia, mental

More symptoms of Fahr's Syndrome: In addition to the above information, to get a full picture of the possible

conditions.

Ian

Marie

Hi ,

-- Ian Cribb P.Eng.

Time for vacation? WIN what you need. Enter Now!

-- Ian Cribb P.Eng.

Guest guest

Yes it sounds like it could be a potentailly horrific disease, but don't feel sorry for me. After being diagnosed with PSC 19 years ago I feel blessed to be still around long enough to be diagnosed with Fahr's last year. I have now been married for 27 years and have four wonderful sons.

Ian (52) PSC 89

Ian, Again, I am very sorry to hear about your diagnosis. That is truly a horrific disease.

Marie

Date: Thu, 17 Jul 2008 23:44:28 -0800 Subject: Re: Anyone have brain problems because of the PSC?

Marie,

Syndrome includes:

Motor function deterioration Dementia Mental retardation Spastic paralysis Dysarthria (poorly articulated speech) Spasticity (stiffness of the limbs) Eye impairments Athetosis (involuntary, writhing movements) Parkinson's-like symptoms Tremors Rigidity Mask-like facial appearance Shuffling gait " pill-rolling " finger motion Dystonia Chorea Seizures Symptoms of Fahr's Syndrome: Symptoms of the disorder may include motor function deterioration, dementia, mental

conditions.

Ian

Marie

Hi ,

-- Ian Cribb P.Eng.

-- Ian Cribb P.Eng.

Guest guest

Ian (52) PSC 89

Marie

Marie,

Syndrome includes:

conditions.

Ian

Marie

Hi ,

-- Ian Cribb P.Eng.

-- Ian Cribb P.Eng.