Guest guest

Hey folks! Our good (???) news for the day is that we've reached our

maximum out of pocket for the year with insurance, so I'm thinking

about looking into a few things I might not otherwise spend the money

for... Mainly acupuncture. Does anyone have experience with

acupuncture (for the purpose of helping the liver), and what do you

think of it? There is a medical doctor's office here in town that

offers acupuncture services; I need to flip through my insurance book

to see if that's covered at all, because I want to try it.

Also, an unrelated question: does anyone else have extremely high

cholesterol? My cholesterol numbers were checked when I had the

initial blood work done that lead to my diagnosis, and no doctor has

ever followed up with this--I'm wondering if it's related to the

disease. Total: 447, HDL: 102, LDL: 327. My hepatologist initially

told me that he would have bet anything I had PBC, just upon looking

at my initial blood work, until he saw my ERCP images and confirmed

PSC.

Just wondering,

Genevieve

UC 1983, J-Pouch 1999, PSC 12/07

Guest guest

Genevieve - Although it was a year ago, my Father experimented with

accupuncture (to help with his severe itching) and it didn't help

much - but obviously things progress over time, anything is worth

trying! Hope that helps

-- In , " Genevieve " wrote:

>

> Hey folks! Our good (???) news for the day is that we've reached

our

> maximum out of pocket for the year with insurance, so I'm thinking

> about looking into a few things I might not otherwise spend the

money

> for... Mainly acupuncture. Does anyone have experience with

> acupuncture (for the purpose of helping the liver), and what do you

> think of it? There is a medical doctor's office here in town that

> offers acupuncture services; I need to flip through my insurance

book

> to see if that's covered at all, because I want to try it.

>

> Also, an unrelated question: does anyone else have extremely high

> cholesterol? My cholesterol numbers were checked when I had the

> initial blood work done that lead to my diagnosis, and no doctor

has

> ever followed up with this--I'm wondering if it's related to the

> disease. Total: 447, HDL: 102, LDL: 327. My hepatologist

initially

> told me that he would have bet anything I had PBC, just upon

looking

> at my initial blood work, until he saw my ERCP images and confirmed

> PSC.

>

> Just wondering,

> Genevieve

> UC 1983, J-Pouch 1999, PSC 12/07

>

Guest guest

Genevieve wrote:

> Also, an unrelated question: does anyone else have extremely high

> cholesterol?

Yes my cholesterol was very high before transplant (I think the highest

was 520). Now it's running around 113 so it's pretty obvious that it

was the liver disease doing it.

athan

Guest guest

I actually started acupuncture last week and had my second treatment

last night. I'm doing it mainly for the itch - I don't want to take

any more pills that I have to. So far, I don't feel any different,

but I'm going to give a few more tries.

Also, regarding cholesterol. My cholesterol was over 700 (don't the

the breakdown of the HDL, LDL, and triglycerides)a few months ago -

related to PSC. Our livers are not doing their job, and part of it has

to do with cholesterol. My PCP and GI put me on Zetia and Wellchol and

it has dropped to around 200. My hepatologist is fine with those meds.

Good luck with acupuncture! I hope it works for you and hope you get

your cholesterol down

Liz PSC 2004

Mainly acupuncture. Does anyone have experience with

> acupuncture (for the purpose of helping the liver), > Also, an

unrelated question: does anyone else have extremely high

> initial blood work done that lead to my diagnosis, and no doctor has

> disease. Total: 447, HDL: 102, LDL: 327. >

>

Guest guest

I actually started acupuncture last week and had my second treatment

last night. I'm doing it mainly for the itch - I don't want to take

any more pills that I have to. So far, I don't feel any different,

but I'm going to give a few more tries.

Also, regarding cholesterol. My cholesterol was over 700 (don't the

the breakdown of the HDL, LDL, and triglycerides)a few months ago -

related to PSC. Our livers are not doing their job, and part of it has

to do with cholesterol. My PCP and GI put me on Zetia and Wellchol and

it has dropped to around 200. My hepatologist is fine with those meds.

Good luck with acupuncture! I hope it works for you and hope you get

your cholesterol down

Liz PSC 2004

Mainly acupuncture. Does anyone have experience with

> acupuncture (for the purpose of helping the liver), > Also, an

unrelated question: does anyone else have extremely high

> initial blood work done that lead to my diagnosis, and no doctor has

> disease. Total: 447, HDL: 102, LDL: 327. >

>

Guest guest

PSC can increase the cholesterol, but I don't know by how much.

As to the acupuncture, just remember that every puncture can introduce bacteria and the possibility of an infectious disease. Acupressure would be safer as there are no punctures of the skin.

-Marie

Marie

To: From: gfmeyer@...Date: Thu, 19 Jun 2008 22:30:33 +0000Subject: Acupuncture, and other things...

Hey folks! Our good (???) news for the day is that we've reached our maximum out of pocket for the year with insurance, so I'm thinking about looking into a few things I might not otherwise spend the money for... Mainly acupuncture. Does anyone have experience with acupuncture (for the purpose of helping the liver), and what do you think of it? There is a medical doctor's office here in town that offers acupuncture services; I need to flip through my insurance book to see if that's covered at all, because I want to try it.Also, an unrelated question: does anyone else have extremely high cholesterol? My cholesterol numbers were checked when I had the initial blood work done that lead to my diagnosis, and no doctor has ever followed up with this--I'm wondering if it's related to the disease. Total: 447, HDL: 102, LDL: 327. My hepatologist initially told me that he would have bet anything I had PBC, just upon looking at my initial blood work, until he saw my ERCP images and confirmed PSC.Just wondering,GenevieveUC 1983, J-Pouch 1999, PSC 12/07 The other season of giving begins 6/24/08. Check out the i’m Talkathon. Check it out!

Guest guest

As to the acupuncture, just remember that every puncture can introduce bacteria and the possibility of an infectious disease. Acupressure would be safer as there are no punctures of the skin.

-Marie

Marie

To: From: gfmeyer@...Date: Thu, 19 Jun 2008 22:30:33 +0000Subject: Acupuncture, and other things...

Hey folks! Our good (???) news for the day is that we've reached our maximum out of pocket for the year with insurance, so I'm thinking about looking into a few things I might not otherwise spend the money for... Mainly acupuncture. Does anyone have experience with acupuncture (for the purpose of helping the liver), and what do you think of it? There is a medical doctor's office here in town that offers acupuncture services; I need to flip through my insurance book to see if that's covered at all, because I want to try it.Also, an unrelated question: does anyone else have extremely high cholesterol? My cholesterol numbers were checked when I had the initial blood work done that lead to my diagnosis, and no doctor has ever followed up with this--I'm wondering if it's related to the disease. Total: 447, HDL: 102, LDL: 327. My hepatologist initially told me that he would have bet anything I had PBC, just upon looking at my initial blood work, until he saw my ERCP images and confirmed PSC.Just wondering,GenevieveUC 1983, J-Pouch 1999, PSC 12/07 The other season of giving begins 6/24/08. Check out the i’m Talkathon. Check it out!

Guest guest

-Marie

Marie

Guest guest

I have had accupuncture done to releave pain and it worked REAL well. I had a golf ball size muscle cramp in my kneck and no one could get it out except for this chinese accupunture guy. It took me 4 years and all sort of stuff to get rid of it.

I think it's WELL worth it and give it time to work. When my UC acts up massage works VERY VERY well. OMG... last night Ieft the messager on my back and went to bed and this morning I feel great.

Good luck.

arman_shirin@...

Acupuncture, and other things...

Hey folks! Our good (???) news for the day is that we've reached our maximum out of pocket for the year with insurance, so I'm thinking about looking into a few things I might not otherwise spend the money for... Mainly acupuncture. Does anyone have experience with acupuncture (for the purpose of helping the liver), and what do you think of it? There is a medical doctor's office here in town that offers acupuncture services; I need to flip through my insurance book to see if that's covered at all, because I want to try it.Also, an unrelated question: does anyone else have extremely high cholesterol? My cholesterol numbers were checked when I had the initial blood work done that lead to my diagnosis, and no doctor has ever followed up with this--I'm wondering if it's related to the disease. Total: 447, HDL: 102, LDL: 327. My hepatologist initially told me that he would have bet

anything I had PBC, just upon looking at my initial blood work, until he saw my ERCP images and confirmed PSC.Just wondering,GenevieveUC 1983, J-Pouch 1999, PSC 12/07

The other season of giving begins 6/24/08. Check out the i¢m Talkathon. Check it out!

Guest guest

I have had accupuncture done to releave pain and it worked REAL well. I had a golf ball size muscle cramp in my kneck and no one could get it out except for this chinese accupunture guy. It took me 4 years and all sort of stuff to get rid of it.

I think it's WELL worth it and give it time to work. When my UC acts up massage works VERY VERY well. OMG... last night Ieft the messager on my back and went to bed and this morning I feel great.

Good luck.

arman_shirin@...

Hey folks! Our good (???) news for the day is that we've reached our maximum out of pocket for the year with insurance, so I'm thinking about looking into a few things I might not otherwise spend the money for... Mainly acupuncture. Does anyone have experience with acupuncture (for the purpose of helping the liver), and what do you think of it? There is a medical doctor's office here in town that offers acupuncture services; I need to flip through my insurance book to see if that's covered at all, because I want to try it.Also, an unrelated question: does anyone else have extremely high cholesterol? My cholesterol numbers were checked when I had the initial blood work done that lead to my diagnosis, and no doctor has ever followed up with this--I'm wondering if it's related to the disease. Total: 447, HDL: 102, LDL: 327. My hepatologist initially told me that he would have bet

anything I had PBC, just upon looking at my initial blood work, until he saw my ERCP images and confirmed PSC.Just wondering,GenevieveUC 1983, J-Pouch 1999, PSC 12/07

The other season of giving begins 6/24/08. Check out the i¢m Talkathon. Check it out!

Guest guest

Good luck.

arman_shirin@...