RemedySpot.com

Who had ERCPs? Bile Duct stent size

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Has anyone had a ERCP done successfully with small bile duct sizes? The smallest stent I could see was 4mm?

Thanks,

Joe

-------------- Original message from "Logan Berg" : --------------

Hi,My first several ERCPs were not successfully completed because my ducts swelled shut. I don't know that the dye was the cause though. I have also had several bouts of post-ERCP pancreatitis. None of my hospital stays lasted 10 days though. I think 4 was my longest. My last ERCP was so non-eventful that I got to go home the same day! That was a first. They give me profilactive antibiotics, put me under general anesthesia, give me something for pain (I'm allergic to morphine and demerol), something else to control the itching, and something else to control the severe nausea. whatever the combination they do worked about as well as one could hope for in our circumstances. Sorry I can't tell you how many I've had. Three pre-dx, then yearly after 2000. Why are they doing the liver biopsy? I only ever had one when they were trying to dx---I had two, six years apart. They don't help much in the case of PSC. I feel safer getting the scraping done to check for cancer that they do during asuccessful ERCP. MRCPs (I've had 2) can't do that. I hope all works out for you, Take care, Cheryl ID, PSC/AIH, UC, fibromyalgia, etc.> Hi,> > I am getting ready to have my second ERCP in a couple of weeks. The> last time I had the test was in January of 1992, and they had to abort> the procedure because I had a reaction to the dye, and ended up with> significant pancreatitis (and a 10 day hospitalization). > > >

Guest guest

hi Joe,

yes, I have had 2 ERCP's done in the past 3 years since I found out that I had PSC.

they have been both successful.

Dave

PSC 2005

From: [mailto: ] On Behalf Of josephsisto@...Sent: Tuesday, April 01, 2008 8:14 PMTo: ; Cc: Logan BergSubject: Who had ERCPs? Bile Duct stent size

Has anyone had a ERCP done successfully with small bile duct sizes? The smallest stent I could see was 4mm?

Thanks,

Joe

Hi,My first several ERCPs were not successfully completed because my ducts swelled shut. I don't know that the dye was the cause though. I have also had several bouts of post-ERCP pancreatitis. None of my hospital stays lasted 10 days though. I think 4 was my longest. My last ERCP was so non-eventful that I got to go home the same day! That was a first. They give me profilactive antibiotics, put me under general anesthesia, give me something for pain (I'm allergic to morphine and demerol), something else to control the itching, and something else to control the severe nausea. whatever the combination they do worked about as well as one could hope for in our circumstances. Sorry I can't tell you how many I've had. Three pre-dx, then yearly after 2000. Why are they doing the liver biopsy? I only ever had one when they were trying to dx---I had two, six years apart. They don't help much in the case of PSC. I feel safer getting the scraping done to check for cancer that th ey do during asuccessful ERCP. MRCPs (I've had 2) can't do that. I hope all works out for you, Take care, Cheryl ID, PSC/AIH, UC, fibromyalgia, etc.> Hi,> > I am getting ready to have my second ERCP in a couple of weeks. The> last time I had the test was in January of 1992, and they had to abort> the procedure because I had a reaction to the dye, and ended up with> significant pancreatitis (and a 10 day hospitalization). > > > This email is intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential, proprietary and/or privileged material. Any review, distribution, reliance on, or other use of this information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you receive this message in error, please immediately notify the sender and delete it and all copies of it from your system.

Thank You

Guest guest

hi Joe,

yes, I have had 2 ERCP's done in the past 3 years since I found out that I had PSC.

they have been both successful.

Dave

PSC 2005

From: [mailto: ] On Behalf Of josephsisto@...Sent: Tuesday, April 01, 2008 8:14 PMTo: ; Cc: Logan BergSubject: Who had ERCPs? Bile Duct stent size

Thanks,

Joe

Hi,My first several ERCPs were not successfully completed because my ducts swelled shut. I don't know that the dye was the cause though. I have also had several bouts of post-ERCP pancreatitis. None of my hospital stays lasted 10 days though. I think 4 was my longest. My last ERCP was so non-eventful that I got to go home the same day! That was a first. They give me profilactive antibiotics, put me under general anesthesia, give me something for pain (I'm allergic to morphine and demerol), something else to control the itching, and something else to control the severe nausea. whatever the combination they do worked about as well as one could hope for in our circumstances. Sorry I can't tell you how many I've had. Three pre-dx, then yearly after 2000. Why are they doing the liver biopsy? I only ever had one when they were trying to dx---I had two, six years apart. They don't help much in the case of PSC. I feel safer getting the scraping done to check for cancer that th ey do during asuccessful ERCP. MRCPs (I've had 2) can't do that. I hope all works out for you, Take care, Cheryl ID, PSC/AIH, UC, fibromyalgia, etc.> Hi,> > I am getting ready to have my second ERCP in a couple of weeks. The> last time I had the test was in January of 1992, and they had to abort> the procedure because I had a reaction to the dye, and ended up with> significant pancreatitis (and a 10 day hospitalization). > > > This email is intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential, proprietary and/or privileged material. Any review, distribution, reliance on, or other use of this information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you receive this message in error, please immediately notify the sender and delete it and all copies of it from your system.

Thank You