RemedySpot.com

Fwd: News on the Road to ville !

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Dear All,I know there have been more contributions to the Road that will be reflected on our map soon. In the meantime as our time to cover the miles shortens, I just wanted to resend this email with ways you can help. We need a treatment for PSC and we will be the little engine that could, helping ourselves so that others will want to help us up that hill to a cure ! Whatever it takes, we are in this together! Greetings All,We are making great progress on our Road to ville fundraiser.Check our progress by clicking below, you will be surprised !!! http://www.pscpartners.org/RtJ.htmThere is still time to help us meet our goal of $100,000 for research.This is something everyone can help with no matter how big or small the donation.So far we have had over 154 people donate to the Road ! How fabulous!Big thanks to all our individual donors.For those willing to raise money for the road, you might try one of the following ideas.Letter Writing CampaignSend out letters to family , friends, neighbors. No need to compose them, just email me at: leedeubert@... for letters already written and ready to send.We have had 3 letter campaigns out there , Deb's, Stevie's and mine and together they have brought in over $20,000!  Big thanks to Deb and to Stevie G. for a great job !  Joanne H. is just starting her letter campaign, thanks for joining us Joanne !WIne tasting partyBelow is an invitation to a wine tasting fundraiser that Deb shared. It was for American Cancer Society but is a good idea that we can use.Here’s the invite to the wine tasting fundraiser I mentioned… Wine Tasting to raise funds to fight cancerWhat to bring: Per couple- $40 minimum donation to the American Cancer Society and bring two (of the same) bottles of wine: 1 will be for tasting and 1 will be for the silent auction. On a 2x3 sheet of paper or small index card please write down why the wine is your favorite or why you chose to bring it - be creative! If you are bringing white wine please make sure it is chilled. Don't forget your checkbook!What we will provide: Plenty of food and "other beverages" for those that prefer not to drink wine.We would be honored if you could join us for a fun evening of socializing and raising funds for a great cause. Even if you can't attend, we would appreciate your donation to the American Cancer Society. Our family will be participating in the Road America Run/Walk on October 27 and our personal goal is $2,500. With your help we can do it!Please RSVP by October 13, 2007Used book saleBelong to a book club? At your next meeting encourage everyone to bring used books to sell.Restaurant Night OutCheck with your favorite restaurant to see if they have fundraisers. If you live near Max and Erma's they have a program to help charities.Movie nightJeff Belmont is hosting movie night and supplying refreshments in exchange for donations to PSC Partners. Way to go Jeff !Save your change for a month.Reggie, Dave and I have done this and it adds up.Ask for donations in lieu of gifts for your birthday.Thanks for this idea, asked people to send Fred a birthday card with a small donation to PSC Partners instead of gifts. How much fun it must have been to watch all the cards come in and the money add up. More ideas? Feel free to share them. We have what is left of March and the month of April to reach for our goal.Let's fund the research we need for PSC. Thanks everyone,Lee