RemedySpot.com

Re: Epstein Barr Virus but not with transplant

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

athan,Bill had mono in March 07, has UC/PSC and j pouch 06/05.He was told no work for 4 months, then part time for 2 months.Then to expect a year or a little more recovery time.He was exhausted. Had fever/swollen glands and an enlarged liver.Just what we didn't need.So gets lots of rest and follow your Dr's orders. Don't do too much to soon or you might relapse.It seems the best thing was just lots of rest.Feel better, good luck.LeeWell, they finally have a diagnosis for me which explains all the fevers I've been having. I've got Epstein Barr Virus (that's Mono). I didn't have it before transplant, and I don't know where I picked it up, but I've got it now. I've been sick for about about three and a half weeks with no appreciable lessening of symptoms (my main symptom is fever up to 102 F). They've lowered my prograf dose from 3mg twice a day to 2mg twice a day, and they just prescribed Vatrex for it (which the insurance co is refusing to pay for and will cost me $1,100 if I can't get an override)