RemedySpot.com

Re: Support from across the Atlantic.

Rate this topic

Guest guest

I was dismayed to read that one of us finds it unpleasant to read about the nasty effects PSC can have and wants to stop such knowledge from being transmitted to this forum. This is part of our learning process. If we've been lucky so far not to suffer the symptoms of this disease then many of us are going to "hit the wall" one day and the knowledge we get from this site is invaluable. So please Ken and Barb don't change your practice just because of one errant member who doesn't know how to skip messages he/she doesn't want to read.

Some of us don't realize how good this site is. It's highly accurate and some very well-informed members contribute regularly. When mistakes are made corrections quickly follow from Dave, Arne, athan and others. Barb has a tremendous knack of finding info from a very wide variety of sources including the international press and we've all benefitted from that. Sometimes I take a look at the PBC forum of PBC.org and very often there are serious errors and ignorance in the messages which nobody bothers to correct.

Luck plays a huge role in this disease - some of us have gone 30 years after diagnosis with few problems. Others have had a rapid progression to Endstage liver disease and the need for a transplant. Ken has had appalling bad luck and I know we all admire his fighting spirit and want him to return to good health as soon as possible.

Ivor

PSC-Support UK