RemedySpot.com

Re: will getting a tattoo preclude me from getting on the transplant list?

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

I don't think it will. The only thing they told my brother was after his transplant that he couldn't get one for at least a year. Not that my brother was curious, I just remember that being in the guidelines.

But, I would take this rule into account-if you are looking at needing to be listed within a year, I would bypass the tattoo. The rule being, for blood and plasma donors (at least at our blood & tissue bank) is no donating for a year after tattoo.

in Texas

Does anyone know the answer to this question. I'd like to get one,

but don't want to risk my chances on getting a transplant (if ever I

need one) due to that. Hopefully, that will be many years away, but

you never do know with this disease, do you?

Guest guest

I don't think it will. The only thing they told my brother was after his transplant that he couldn't get one for at least a year. Not that my brother was curious, I just remember that being in the guidelines.

But, I would take this rule into account-if you are looking at needing to be listed within a year, I would bypass the tattoo. The rule being, for blood and plasma donors (at least at our blood & tissue bank) is no donating for a year after tattoo.

in Texas

Guest guest

in Texas

Guest guest

I have 3 of them at first my Dr asked if it was done the right safe way..Yes very clean I watched them open unsealed packs, he wore very heavy plastic glove when he did the ink..and always changed his surgical glove when he did different thing... So I had no problems...Go to one with a good reputation and tell him what you have.PSC.and demand to watch him do all the prep work...take someone with you to have them watch to.... Do you bleed easy.....Ask your DR. to..... There is only

one more i want after I get a Transplant and heal OK. Is the date I had it done and the donors initial Jeannezus888 wrote: Does anyone know the answer to this question. I'd like to get one, but don't want to risk my chances on getting a transplant (if ever I need one) due to that. Hopefully, that will be many years away, but you never do know with this disease, do

you? Jeanne

Guest guest

I have 3 of them at first my Dr asked if it was done the right safe way..Yes very clean I watched them open unsealed packs, he wore very heavy plastic glove when he did the ink..and always changed his surgical glove when he did different thing... So I had no problems...Go to one with a good reputation and tell him what you have.PSC.and demand to watch him do all the prep work...take someone with you to have them watch to.... Do you bleed easy.....Ask your DR. to..... There is only

one more i want after I get a Transplant and heal OK. Is the date I had it done and the donors initial Jeannezus888 wrote: Does anyone know the answer to this question. I'd like to get one, but don't want to risk my chances on getting a transplant (if ever I need one) due to that. Hopefully, that will be many years away, but you never do know with this disease, do

you? Jeanne

Guest guest

you? Jeanne

Guest guest

These are not permanent, and a lot more fun. I won't get one.

http://www.earthhenna.com/Earth-Jagua-Black-Temporary-Tattoo-Kit-c112.html

Arne

---- zus888 zus888@...> wrote:

=============

Guest guest

DONT DO IT!

You will eventually need MRI and CatScans, with tattoo ink, there is heavy metals, and the scans will be excruciating because the powerful magnets will pull them from your skin and it will be excruciating.

Joe

-------------- Original message from "zus888" : --------------

Does anyone know the answer to this question. I'd like to get one, but don't want to risk my chances on getting a transplant (if ever I need one) due to that. Hopefully, that will be many years away, but you never do know with this disease, do you?

Guest guest

DONT DO IT!

You will eventually need MRI and CatScans, with tattoo ink, there is heavy metals, and the scans will be excruciating because the powerful magnets will pull them from your skin and it will be excruciating.

Joe

-------------- Original message from "zus888" : --------------

Does anyone know the answer to this question. I'd like to get one, but don't want to risk my chances on getting a transplant (if ever I need one) due to that. Hopefully, that will be many years away, but you never do know with this disease, do you?

Guest guest

That's a good question I would have never thought to ask. I have an ongoing tattoo disagreement with my hubby. I want more ink, he's not a fan of the idea. Looks like he'll win. I did see a shirt on one of my whitewater rafting trips that said "Scars are tattoos with better stories". I figured some of our post-transplant members might like the sentiment. Darcy

Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now.

Guest guest

I have ten tattoos and I have had many many MRI's, CatScans and I have gotten a new tattoo since being diagnosed with PSC. There have NEVER been any complications with any of this, I have had surgery as well, no problems, the only thing that would/has caused problems are piercings, as they are metal. Tattoos are ok. I talked to an artist today, he advised that with any autoimmune disease you should not have long tattoo sessions, like 4 hour sessions, but 1 or 2 hour sessions at a time would be ok, the body can heal more easily. this is just what i know from experience, but again and of course, talk to your dr.josephsisto@... wrote: DONT DO IT!You will eventually need MRI and CatScans, with tattoo ink, there is heavy metals, and the scans will be excruciating because

the powerful magnets will pull them from your skin and it will be excruciating.Joe-------------- Original message from "zus888" : -------------- Does anyone know the answer to this question. I'd like to get one, but don't want to risk my chances on getting a transplant (if ever I need one) due to that. Hopefully, that will be many years away, but you never do know with this disease, do you?

Guest guest

I have ten tattoos and I have had many many MRI's, CatScans and I have gotten a new tattoo since being diagnosed with PSC. There have NEVER been any complications with any of this, I have had surgery as well, no problems, the only thing that would/has caused problems are piercings, as they are metal. Tattoos are ok. I talked to an artist today, he advised that with any autoimmune disease you should not have long tattoo sessions, like 4 hour sessions, but 1 or 2 hour sessions at a time would be ok, the body can heal more easily. this is just what i know from experience, but again and of course, talk to your dr.josephsisto@... wrote: DONT DO IT!You will eventually need MRI and CatScans, with tattoo ink, there is heavy metals, and the scans will be excruciating because

the powerful magnets will pull them from your skin and it will be excruciating.Joe-------------- Original message from "zus888" : -------------- Does anyone know the answer to this question. I'd like to get one, but don't want to risk my chances on getting a transplant (if ever I need one) due to that. Hopefully, that will be many years away, but you never do know with this disease, do you?

Guest guest

Guest guest

I never had any problem with pain when I had MRI's or C/Scans Jeannejeanne wrote: I have 3 of them at first my Dr asked if it was done the right safe way..Yes very clean I watched them open unsealed

packs, he wore very heavy plastic glove when he did the ink..and always changed his surgical glove when he did different thing... So I had no problems...Go to one with a good reputation and tell him what you have.PSC.and demand to watch him do all the prep work...take someone with you to have them watch to.... Do you bleed easy.....Ask your DR. to..... There is only one more i want after I get a Transplant and heal OK. Is the date I had it done and the donors initial Jeannezus888 <zus888 (AT) yahoo (DOT) com> wrote: Does anyone know the answer to this question. I'd like to get one, but don't want to risk my chances on getting a transplant (if ever I need one) due to that. Hopefully, that will be many years away, but you never do know with this disease, do you? Jeanne Jeanne

Guest guest

I never had any problem with pain when I had MRI's or C/Scans Jeannejeanne wrote: I have 3 of them at first my Dr asked if it was done the right safe way..Yes very clean I watched them open unsealed

packs, he wore very heavy plastic glove when he did the ink..and always changed his surgical glove when he did different thing... So I had no problems...Go to one with a good reputation and tell him what you have.PSC.and demand to watch him do all the prep work...take someone with you to have them watch to.... Do you bleed easy.....Ask your DR. to..... There is only one more i want after I get a Transplant and heal OK. Is the date I had it done and the donors initial Jeannezus888 <zus888 (AT) yahoo (DOT) com> wrote: Does anyone know the answer to this question. I'd like to get one, but don't want to risk my chances on getting a transplant (if ever I need one) due to that. Hopefully, that will be many years away, but you never do know with this disease, do you? Jeanne Jeanne

Guest guest

And, actually, piercings can be okay, also, if you change out the metal ones with plastic

prior to having an MRI done. I've had a CT before with my piercings in.

Ami - Migraines, FMS

mom to - 10 yrs - Double Lung Tx 2/26/2006, PSC - Tx 7/16/2007, Diabetes, Hypothyroid, GERD, ADHD, Osteopenia http://caringbridge.org/visit/seanfox

mom to Emma - 14 yrs - Migraines

stepmom to - 15 yrs - ADHD, ODD

~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~

I have ten tattoos and I have had many many MRI's, CatScans and I have gotten a new tattoo since being diagnosed with PSC. There have NEVER been any complications with any of this, I have had surgery as well, no problems, the only thing that would/has caused problems are piercings, as they are metal. Tattoos are ok. I talked to an artist today, he advised that with any autoimmune disease you should not have long tattoo sessions, like 4 hour sessions, but 1 or 2 hour sessions at a time would be ok, the body can heal more easily.

this is just what i know from experience, but again and of course, talk to your dr.josephsisto@ bellsouth. net wrote:

DONT DO IT!You will eventually need MRI and CatScans, with tattoo ink, there is heavy metals, and the scans will be excruciating because the powerful magnets will pull them from your skin and it will be excruciating.Joe------------ -- Original message from "zus888" : ------------ -- Does anyone know the answer to this question. I'd like to get one, but don't want to risk my chances on getting a transplant (if ever I need one) due to that. Hopefully, that will be many years away, but you never do know with this disease, do you?

Guest guest

And, actually, piercings can be okay, also, if you change out the metal ones with plastic

prior to having an MRI done. I've had a CT before with my piercings in.

Ami - Migraines, FMS

mom to - 10 yrs - Double Lung Tx 2/26/2006, PSC - Tx 7/16/2007, Diabetes, Hypothyroid, GERD, ADHD, Osteopenia http://caringbridge.org/visit/seanfox

mom to Emma - 14 yrs - Migraines

stepmom to - 15 yrs - ADHD, ODD

~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~

I have ten tattoos and I have had many many MRI's, CatScans and I have gotten a new tattoo since being diagnosed with PSC. There have NEVER been any complications with any of this, I have had surgery as well, no problems, the only thing that would/has caused problems are piercings, as they are metal. Tattoos are ok. I talked to an artist today, he advised that with any autoimmune disease you should not have long tattoo sessions, like 4 hour sessions, but 1 or 2 hour sessions at a time would be ok, the body can heal more easily.

this is just what i know from experience, but again and of course, talk to your dr.josephsisto@ bellsouth. net wrote:

DONT DO IT!You will eventually need MRI and CatScans, with tattoo ink, there is heavy metals, and the scans will be excruciating because the powerful magnets will pull them from your skin and it will be excruciating.Joe------------ -- Original message from "zus888" : ------------ -- Does anyone know the answer to this question. I'd like to get one, but don't want to risk my chances on getting a transplant (if ever I need one) due to that. Hopefully, that will be many years away, but you never do know with this disease, do you?

Guest guest

If the docs thinck PSC and other disease maybe triggered by

enviromental " things " I would caution injecting anything under my

skin that cannot easily be removed.

> DONT DO IT!

>

> You will eventually need MRI and CatScans, with tattoo ink, there

is heavy metals, and the scans will be excruciating because the

powerful magnets will pull them from your skin and it will be

excruciating.

>

> Joe

>

> ------------ -- Original message from " zus888 " : ------------ --

>

> Does anyone know the answer to this question. I'd like to get one,

> but don't want to risk my chances on getting a transplant (if ever

I

> need one) due to that. Hopefully, that will be many years away, but

> you never do know with this disease, do you?

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

> Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile.

Try it now.

>

>

>

>

> Be a better friend, newshound, and

> know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now.

http://mobile.yahoo.com/;_ylt=Ahu06i62sR8HDtDypao8Wcj9tAcJ

>

• 2 months later...
Guest guest

I don't know about before hand but the surgeons gave permission to get 1 a year after his tx.MartiSubject: will getting a tattoo preclude me from getting on the transplant list?To: Date: Thursday, April 24, 2008, 3:02 PM

Guest guest

I don't know about before hand but the surgeons gave permission to get 1 a year after his tx.MartiSubject: will getting a tattoo preclude me from getting on the transplant list?To: Date: Thursday, April 24, 2008, 3:02 PM

Guest guest