RemedySpot.com

Intermittent disability and now my job is going away!!!

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hi all,I've been on intermittent disability for just over a year now, working 0-4 days per week, trying to average 3 days a week (as opposed to one or two days a week). It's been difficult, but I figured it was better for me physically, medically, mentally & financially to do this, rather than go on total disability, and I've managed it, although just barely. I'm also not 100% when I am at work, so I've been grateful that my boss has allowed this to continue.Anyway, I found out on Monday that my group will be going to Virginia (from Calif.) by the end of the year. It's actually only the boss who will go to VA - the rest of us will lose our jobs. I can't imagine that I can really even get another job, considering that even when I'm there I can't really give 100%. So as far as I can see I'll now need to go on 100% disability. Fortunately, last week the State doctor approved my state disability (agreed that I was disabled and seemed to be willing to put me out on 100% disability). So this gives me hope that when I apply for SSI disability, hopefully I'll get it when I first apply for it. I also have disability insurance, so hopefully that will also come through without a hitch.Any advice anyone? This is partly a relief that I won't need to struggle with going to work even when I'm feeling awful, and partly it's scary, since this is all new, or at least partly new.Marie

See how Windows connects the people, information, and fun that are part of your life. See Now

Thanks Sandy - I appreciate your reply.Marie

To: From: mpkslk@...Date: Sat, 13 Sep 2008 11:17:09 -0700Subject: Re: Intermittent disability and now my job is going away!!!

Hi Marie,

Chances are that if the State doctors have approved your disability that you should be eligible for SSI disabilty. The longer it takes to hear from SSI the better because they usually send a rejection within 90 days. However, the good news is that they do give back pay once you are approved. I am receiving both State and SSI disability payments which has allowed me to not have to worry about financial issues. Good luck and be sure to include all the medical records you can to support your claim and if possible, apply in person.

Sandy in CA

From: Marie Nilsson <marie_nilsson17 (AT) msn (DOT) com>Subject: Intermittent disability and now my job is going away!!!To: Date: Thursday, September 11, 2008, 12:58 PM

Hi all,...So as far as I can see I'll now need to go on 100% disability. Fortunately, last week the State doctor approved my state disability (agreed that I was disabled and seemed to be willing to put me out on 100% disability). So this gives me hope that when I apply for SSI disability, hopefully I'll get it when I first apply for it. I also have disability insurance, so hopefully that will also come through without a hitch.Any advice anyone? This is partly a relief that I won't need to struggle with going to work even when I'm feeling awful, and partly it's scary, since this is all new, or at least partly new.

Marie

See how Windows connects the people, information, and fun that are part of your life. See Now

To: From: mpkslk@...Date: Sat, 13 Sep 2008 11:17:09 -0700Subject: Re: Intermittent disability and now my job is going away!!!

Hi Marie,

Chances are that if the State doctors have approved your disability that you should be eligible for SSI disabilty. The longer it takes to hear from SSI the better because they usually send a rejection within 90 days. However, the good news is that they do give back pay once you are approved. I am receiving both State and SSI disability payments which has allowed me to not have to worry about financial issues. Good luck and be sure to include all the medical records you can to support your claim and if possible, apply in person.

Sandy in CA

From: Marie Nilsson <marie_nilsson17 (AT) msn (DOT) com>Subject: Intermittent disability and now my job is going away!!!To: Date: Thursday, September 11, 2008, 12:58 PM

Hi all,...So as far as I can see I'll now need to go on 100% disability. Fortunately, last week the State doctor approved my state disability (agreed that I was disabled and seemed to be willing to put me out on 100% disability). So this gives me hope that when I apply for SSI disability, hopefully I'll get it when I first apply for it. I also have disability insurance, so hopefully that will also come through without a hitch.Any advice anyone? This is partly a relief that I won't need to struggle with going to work even when I'm feeling awful, and partly it's scary, since this is all new, or at least partly new.

Marie

Hi Marie,

Sandy in CA

Marie