RemedySpot.com

Re: vitamin K, INR

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Thank you Dave for your help. I was concerned that we had hurt him somehow.

We are in the process of getting listed. The meld qualification for listing is a 15. However my husband is a 15 and has been having regular cholingitis attacks, almost every 2 months on the dot. After taking leviquin it always lowers his meld. I'm not sure exactly what the hang up is for getting him listed, they told us he was a 15 at clinic Wednesday. However I think maybe they needed one more round of blood work to seal the deal. It seems everytime they do blood work he has just finished taking leviquin, or augmentin. I think the doctor wanted a good reading of where he is at. His last round of leviquin ended April 1st.

For Barb, It was during the transplant evaluation that a doctor doing his bone density scan told us that he really should be taking vitamin D and K supplements. His bone density scan showed fracture rish is high. So we did what he said. It never occured to us that there could be a problem from that. We assumed they knew what they were talking about. Yes, we know the old saying about what happens when you assume:)

thank you everyone for your help

wife of Jerry PSC01,UC