RemedySpot.com

Re: I'm back! - Puttin' on the Ritz.

Rate this topic

Guest guest

D'you know what, the bar is all artdeco and probably walnut veneered. There are reliefs of naked ladies (respectable of course) and huge marble vases with exquisit tiny orchids growing out of them. Pretty much every other surface is guilded. But it was all so polished that it looked like bacolite! At one time it was probably considered an oppulent masterpiece and they have endevoured to maintain it. Now, I found it dark and overbearing.

Just no pleasing some people is there

> >> >> > I've moved. It went sort of well really, seeing that we were doing it> > ourselves, but we did have loads of help on board, which was great.> I'm> > still trying to downsize our stuff, that takes so long! And am now> > trying to continue emptying boxes while rob puts up shelves and> creates> > more storage.> >> > I went to the Ritz for afternoon tea [:D] ooo, get me [:D] It was> > very lovely, but evidently set up for tourists. And although it was> > quite expensive (£38 per head I think) you get to eat as much as> you> > like, they just keep coming round giving you more food if you want it,> > so we were well stuffed by the time we left. My friends decided to> > have a glass of champers all round and it was £18 A GLASS [:o] I> > wanted the bottle for that! We did look at the champaigne menu and> found> > a bottle (yes, that was just a bottle, not a magnum or a methuselah or> > anything like that) for over £4000 [:o] How on earth can a bottle> > of sparkling wine be worth more than my car? [:o] Oh, and we were> > looking at the new years day menu, £1000 per head, but if you got a> > table of 10, the table would cost you £9000, bargain! [:D]> >> > I went into hospital for what was meant to be an overnight stay to> start> > me on the sildenifil, but as I was exhausted after the move and had a> > chest infection they kept me in for a bit longer [8-|] Still I made> > the most of the rest. They let me home yesterday after I begged them> as> > it's Lili's birthday tomorrow and I was in hospital this time last> year> > and the poor thing had her birthday in my hospital room. They were a> > little reluctant as I still have the chest infection, but the CRP> shows> > it's on its way out and my fever had gone. Apparently I'm aneamic too,> > so they've started me on iron tablets too. I now take so many tablets> > in the morning that if I didn't have to have food with them I wouldn't> > need breakfast!> >> > But I'm home now. The flat is a mess as there's still boxes> everywhere.> > Rob is trying his best to get the shelves done, but he's run down with> a> > rotten cold, so I'm making him rest today as he's no help to me like> > that.> >> > Love Ze xx> >>

I to think the ritzzzzzz places are gaudy. Trump Plaza is garish, I was shocked at how cheap everything looked.  Of course that was years ago. My Ex MIL loves anything painted gold and it just looks tacky to me. Of corse I'm country.. go figure. I am so glad you had a good time. Love & Prayers, PeggyFlorida,  IPF/UIP 2004"I believe that friends are quiet angels who lift us to our feet, when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly." 

I to think the ritzzzzzz places are gaudy. Trump Plaza is garish, I was shocked at how cheap everything looked.  Of course that was years ago. My Ex MIL loves anything painted gold and it just looks tacky to me. Of corse I'm country.. go figure. I am so glad you had a good time. Love & Prayers, PeggyFlorida,  IPF/UIP 2004"I believe that friends are quiet angels who lift us to our feet, when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly."