RemedySpot.com

Re: survived the flu shot!

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Onya Gal!

I've just had a Whooping Cough Booster 'cos there's an Epidemic going on here on the North Coast & especially in Lismore & Environs. There's lots of unvaccinated folk in our neck of the woods..they're scared about the potential side effects of vaccination for their children. My grandchildren are not vacinated & go to schools where their cohorts are not either. So my only protection is to vaccinate myself!

Whooping Cough while not usually deadly for adults could be for a PF person & can also lead to the complication of Bronchiectasis. The main carriers of the Whooping Cough bug are adults whose childhood vaccinations have become inactive & because it's a usually mild disease form for them they don't even realise they've got it!

Is there a similar non-vaccinated population in the Tweed to your knowledge??????

Cheers,

>> hi guys!> i survived the flu / pneumo shots!> thank god for that!> was very nervous.> had it last thursday and have been so far so good. will be getting my > cytoxan treatment probably next week?> all my other scans for cancer etc were clear too!> > monique. x>

Onya Gal!

I've just had a Whooping Cough Booster 'cos there's an Epidemic going on here on the North Coast & especially in Lismore & Environs. There's lots of unvaccinated folk in our neck of the woods..they're scared about the potential side effects of vaccination for their children. My grandchildren are not vacinated & go to schools where their cohorts are not either. So my only protection is to vaccinate myself!

Whooping Cough while not usually deadly for adults could be for a PF person & can also lead to the complication of Bronchiectasis. The main carriers of the Whooping Cough bug are adults whose childhood vaccinations have become inactive & because it's a usually mild disease form for them they don't even realise they've got it!

Is there a similar non-vaccinated population in the Tweed to your knowledge??????

Cheers,

>> hi guys!> i survived the flu / pneumo shots!> thank god for that!> was very nervous.> had it last thursday and have been so far so good. will be getting my > cytoxan treatment probably next week?> all my other scans for cancer etc were clear too!> > monique. x>

Onya Gal!

Cheers,

Many Medico's around here are offering the Booster shot to all their patients & using the Medicare Bulk Billing system to fund it. Get the adults re-vaccinated in an attempt to slow down the epidemic!

Yep...now my secret's OUT... I'm an old hippy chick! But there's so many VERSIONS of us that it IS hard to stick us all in the same box! I'm a dope-free variety...more the Political/ Social Action Scene.....'Tree-hugging... Save the Rainforest'/ 'Indigenous Rights' type.....music, dancing, 'carefree' swimming, Alternative Community Schools for my kids..... that sorta lifestyle! Its been a stimulating journey in a vibrant community!

It's shocking for me to realise you are around both my own daughters' ages. I'm not surprised you've found it all 'grim'...you'll find this mob very positive & prepared to LIVE to their utmost. As our Princess Peggy often says, there is no expiry date stamped anywhere on our bodies!

Do everything you can to give yourself the best & longest ride possible......remember that PF has many different pathways! Crossing the Road & Driving on our Roads is a daily risk we all take & yet we hardly give it a second thought....

Live, Love & Be Loved!

Cheers,

down the Road, over a few Hills & around a few corners,

in Oz!

>> hay gina!> i know, thats the whole "hippy culture", hay!!! not meaning to be > stereotypical or anything, but your area is full of the alternate types!> > yes, my area too, not so much where i live but murwillumbah and > surroundings is like that! > > so thats food for thought. I am going to bring that up to my doc when i > see him next!> > i have seen posters EVERYWHERE about exactly what you said.....the > adults carrying it unawares!> > monique.xx>

Many Medico's around here are offering the Booster shot to all their patients & using the Medicare Bulk Billing system to fund it. Get the adults re-vaccinated in an attempt to slow down the epidemic!

Yep...now my secret's OUT... I'm an old hippy chick! But there's so many VERSIONS of us that it IS hard to stick us all in the same box! I'm a dope-free variety...more the Political/ Social Action Scene.....'Tree-hugging... Save the Rainforest'/ 'Indigenous Rights' type.....music, dancing, 'carefree' swimming, Alternative Community Schools for my kids..... that sorta lifestyle! Its been a stimulating journey in a vibrant community!

It's shocking for me to realise you are around both my own daughters' ages. I'm not surprised you've found it all 'grim'...you'll find this mob very positive & prepared to LIVE to their utmost. As our Princess Peggy often says, there is no expiry date stamped anywhere on our bodies!

Do everything you can to give yourself the best & longest ride possible......remember that PF has many different pathways! Crossing the Road & Driving on our Roads is a daily risk we all take & yet we hardly give it a second thought....

Live, Love & Be Loved!

Cheers,

in Oz!

>> hay gina!> i know, thats the whole "hippy culture", hay!!! not meaning to be > stereotypical or anything, but your area is full of the alternate types!> > yes, my area too, not so much where i live but murwillumbah and > surroundings is like that! > > so thats food for thought. I am going to bring that up to my doc when i > see him next!> > i have seen posters EVERYWHERE about exactly what you said.....the > adults carrying it unawares!> > monique.xx>

Live, Love & Be Loved!

Cheers,

in Oz!

gina!

thanks for the info on the oximeters, bruce wants to help too... so

good!

your so cute... i did giggle alot when reading your post!!!!!

no offence intended with the hippie thing!

thats funny... what a lovely place to live in.... i love it in my piece

of country in the burbs so much!

gotta have some slice of heaven huh!!!

thanks for the encouragement too... i lost it after seeing the graph of

age lifespan statistics, and when it only went up to 18 years, that did

it for me, even though when the doc told me i have 50% chance of making

5 years, that floored me too, so no more info needed for my little head!

i know enough now and am going for gold!

love speaking with you.

from the gorgeous green valley of the tweed....monique.xx