RemedySpot.com

Re: O2 provider, bruising, sore nose (from cannula?)

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Joan ...I run MamaSher all together...it's a nickname. Please remind me of your age...I either don't know or forgot. Call me Sher if it's more comfortable for you.

Waaaaaaaaaayyy back, the kids friends called me Mama Sher. As the kids grew older the name stuck and so others fell in.

I'm a mother-hen for sure. lol. The name stuck.

I don't "go out" much, for the same reasons you mention; tire easily and frequently gasping for breath. When I go out and know I will be doing some walking, like at WalMart, I use the little cylinder and carry it in my boa. (Some time back, I dubbed the bag "BOA"...bag of air. It stuck). Your O2 provider will provide you with a bag or you can often find one in a Sporting Goods store, WalMart (or other) and at LLBeans. Beans is where many of us bought a 'boa'. They have lots of colors and leather too. Called the Healthy Back Bag. The small one works fine for the cyl I use.

I have a bigger tank, gee I never remember the names...about 2 1/2 feet high and strapped onto a two-wheeler cart for pulling. I have never used it. It's here should we have an electrical outage and my concentrator wouldn't work.

Bruce is good information, as others, about liquid...I've never used it so only know what I read here.

Right here is a great place to find out about "the stuff you need"......................

Joan, there isn't anything that "is foolish" about how we feel or what we need or any question we ask! You're in the right place.

Heat and moving about our smallish apt do me in too.

Can't answer questions about prednisone but others will...I'm not on it and will not take it except for limited times and a particular need.

I use AYR for my nose. I'm not on O2 24/7 so I don't have much trouble with a sore nose. I use a cpap machine at night but my nose is covered with a shaped mask.

Keep the questions coming. Someone will respond. Usually many respond.

MamaSher, age 70. IPF 3-06, OR. NasturtiumsDon't fret about tomorrow, God is already there!

O2 provider, bruising, sore nose (from cannula?)

Hi Mama Sher -

I feel funny calling you that...I think that we are about the same age! Any way, I thank you for your input.

Thanks for the input about good service from Lincare. What do you use when you go shopping or to a museum? I tire so easily and anm gasping for breath. I thought that if I had a 'portable oxygen (liquid? concentrator? other???), then I could get around easier, but the cylinder (M-6) that Apria brought for me is heavy, takes nearly 2 hrs. to fill, leaks out, etc., etc. I know that there must be an easier way to find out all of the stuff I need to learn/know...I'm trying :<)

My oldest grandson is getting married soon...I don't want to have to use the mobility scooter, or oxygen...but may need to (it's being held in an outdoor garden setting and the temps here have been mid-80s to upper-90s...and the heat AND walking just about 'do me in'. Am I being foolish?

And do others have issues with bruising when NOT taking prednisone? I've had this issue for years, but thought it was just 'getting old'. My skin is paper-thin, and I, too, get bruised or scraped (then I bleed a lot)...often not even realizing it. And I've never taken prednisone. I did take plavix for a while after a heart procedure, but stopped that a long time back.

And finally...the sore nose. If you/anyone has this issue...what do you do to make it better or heal faster, etc.

Well, that's it for now...bye

Joan