RemedySpot.com

Re: Several Topics - FSR, Children NF2

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Crew-

Like many us, my family is currently dealing with several issues....

1) My wife, anne, just had surgery to remove (most of) a mangiaoma from back of her head (she has already had two AN surgeries and two eye surgeries...you know the drill). Anyway, they did not want to remove entire tumor due to placement on vein so she now needs radiation to kill off remaining tumor. All surgeries have been through Beth-Isael Med Center in NYC. We are meeting with their radiation people (through St. Luk's med center) to discuss options of FSR (30 smaller doses) or radio-surgery (1 Large dose). After years of dealing with neurosurgry, I need to switch gears. What is latest thought? I remember much discussion of new options with gamma knife, and others. Our neurosurgeon thinks we will end up with FSR.

Also, if she does need 30 sessions (6 weeks) it will be difficult for her to travel to Manhattan every day. We are close to Staten Island but considering his reputation, I don't think Dr. Lederman is an option. By any chance, has anyone ever consulted with another doctor in Staten Island or perhaps Long Island College hospital in Brooklyn?

Ceretti