the piriformis muscle, without x-ray. She said it didn’t hurt at all. So

I am anxious to hear if it helps her at all – because that is next on my

list.

I also have had what you

described below. It did not take that long. It was maybe a half hour to get

prepared, half hour for the procedure, and an hour afterwards. The procedure

though was exactly as you described – they go through the Alcox canal and

take pictures as they go. You have to be awake, because you have to tell them

when they reach the spot that is causing the pain. It is miserable, they keep asking

if they have reached the spot yet, and when you finally scream, that is when

they take the final picture and inject the medication. And staying afterwards

doesn’t have anything to do with seeing if the procedure has stopped the

pain. You can’t leave until they are sure you can walk. Sometimes the

medication will numb your legs too much and you can’t put any weight on

your feet. Some women have instant relief from their pain that can last for a

half hour or six months, or rarely permanently. With the pudendal nerve, there

is just no way of telling how the medication is going to affect the area or do

anything at all.

The second nerve block I had - left

my left leg dragging and turned out as I walked for several months, and then it

finally went away. None of the blocks I had were Botox – they were just a

Steroid and a Lidocaine mixture. Once the Lidocaine wore off, for me the pain

came right back. So I had three – none of them worked. But the Botox is

something different. It is in a different place, has nothing to do with the

pudendal nerve, only the periformis, so I am not afraid of having it done. And

I would have more pudendal blocks done, if they had helped me at all, but they

didn’t. If you think it will work you can stand any amount of pain.

All medical places that do these procedures do them differently

and in different situations. Maybe your friend had it done in a hospital setting

where everything seems to take longer, and they make a bigger deal about it. I

had my injection done in a small room that had all the X-ray machines, but it

was done at a pain management clinic associated with a hospital. They didn’t

make a big deal about it as that is basically all they do all day.

A month ago I had a ganglion

of Impar block which is done with the x-ray. This injection goes into the base

of the spine. I had to be awake for that also, but they gave me Versed (twilight

sleep) for that. I was able to leave right after the injection. I was probably

there less than two hours.

Two weeks ago I had three

trigger point injections. Thad was done right in the office room. My doctor was

nice enough to give me some Percocet and Valium before he started. But again,

it was a lot of feeling around until we found the right spots that hurt the

most. I will have some more done in two weeks. You are right though, it is pain

upon more pain – a real torture chamber of sorts. Plus my trigger point

injections were done right outside the vagina. That is embarrassing enough.

Although my pain management doctor is wonderful, it is not like he see’s

those parts that regularly. He has only a couple of pelvic/pudendal patients. There

can’t be any injections that are more embarrassing than ones done in the

vagina.

nne

VulvarDisorders [mailto:VulvarDisorders ] On

Behalf Of Tina Kohlman

Sent: Friday, March 07, 2008 7:00 PM

To: VulvarDisorders

Subject: Re: Tina/Just Entering this group

Marinne, wow that sounds to cheap to be true. would you trust

that stuff? I would buy it if it was the real thing. With that

stuff you have to be really careful don't you think? I am so scared to do

that. I called the person in AZ and she said your there for 6

hours. 2 to get prepared, 2 hours in the operating room cause they go

through the alcox cannal with a needle stopping taking pictures to get really

close to the pudenal nerve then you have 2 hours to see if has stopped the

pain. The nurse also said on one women it didn't work so I guess that the

chance we have to take and I also asked her if they gave any drugs while this

procedure and she said NO> they want you to tell them if it works and it

also hurts. God we are dammed already hahaha When I go get the stroids in

my pelvic he gives me pain meds and I can still tell him that Yes that muscle

hurts like HELL Loves>Tina

millburytimes wrote:

I don‘t know yet if my insurance covers it or not. I know

one woman who was quoted $600.00 for it. But there are a lot of doctors that

will do it besides AZ. My pain management doctor will do it and he is in New

Hampshire. And I know of a woman in California who was going to have it done by

her doctor – don’t know yet if she has had it done yet – I

need to call her. And I do know of a woman who had a prescription for the

Botox. She had to get it from the pharmacy herself and take the vial to her

doctor. She went to Target – was all prepared to pay the $600 and because

of how the doctor wrote the prescription, she only had to pay $3.10. She was in

shock and so was the pharmacist. The doctor wrote Dx: dystonia " on the

script. Her insurance is Medicare Part D through AARP and Medicaid. She had the

injection done yesterday, so I am very anxious to hear how she did. Allergan,

the manufacturer of the Botox used for these kinds of procedures, has a patient

assistance program for people who are financially challenged, so if you are in

that situation you can call them. Also, Medicaid will pay $300 of the $600 for

Botox.

nne

On Behalf Of Tina Kohlman

Sent: Thursday, March 06, 2008 11:59 AM

I want to do the botox also but my insurance won't pay for

it and the only place that I have found is AZ and the vials are 500.00

each. The injections I'm doing now are 175.oo I am going in today for

the 3rd time which havent worked if they would do a steroid maybe I feel like i

am wasting my money on the numbing stuff. This disease can be very

expensive and can go to the poor house. Does your insurance cover

botox? And where are you going to have this done?and

millburytimes wrote:

I am in Boston. I am having the injections in the sit bones

area. Next time (in about ten days), I will take a permanent type of marker and

mark the spot before I leave for the doctor. I can spend a lot of time then

finding the exact areas. Otherwise, when I was there last time, I was in a lot

of pain, he was giving me Percocet and Valium and then having me poke the area

and he was poking the area, and them trying to mark the area with a pen, aiming

the needle, etc. etc., - all the time I was curled up in the fetal position on

the table. It reminded me of the clowns in the little car! LOL!!! I already had

an injection (ganglion of Impar block) done about six weeks ago. So I wonder

how much more I can have. We are going to do Botox also. I can’t possibly

wait a year to have these done again! I need them now!

nne

On Behalf Of Tina Kohlman

Sent: Thursday, March 06, 2008 12:12 AM

Yes I had great results but we moved jan. 13 of this year

and its been hell again. The docters keep telling me they can only do

this 3times a year. I want them now. My pain is in the obturator internus

muscle which is also connect the syatic nerve which then makes both legs ache

like hell and which is not pleasurable. Where do you live? I am in

littleton CO

Tina

millburytimes wrote:

Hi Tina, I currently am having trigger point injections in the

perineum/vaginal area. Mine (the steroids) have lasted for a month now. I will

be having more in a couple of weeks in different areas. Are you feeling

any better from your injections?

nne

On Behalf Of Tina

Sent: Tuesday, March 04, 2008 5:53 PM

Subject: Just Entering this group

Hi everyone My name is Tina and have chronic pelvic floor

issues going

on. I am now doing injections of the internous muscle. The numbing

stuff works for 6 hours and steroids (sp) work for a while. Is anyone

experienced injections I live in Littleton colorado thanks

Never miss a thing. Make Yahoo

your homepage.

Never miss a thing. Make Yahoo

your homepage.

Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile.

Try

it now.

Guest guest

nne, Wow, I can't wait to see the out come of this lady. I have an ob appt. next week and I will talk to him a bout the botox. What was that called again for the script? Was that a generic name? thanks gives me more chills Hahahaha but love the info Loves>Tina millburytimes wrote: Tina – the Botox that my friend got was from Target’s pharmacy and the regular price was $600.00. Yes, it was the real thing with the manufactures

name on the bottle. She was just very lucky that her insurance paid for it. She had the injection yesterday and was told she wouldn’t see if it helped for ten days to two weeks. And it was not done like the procedure you described below. It was injected right into the piriformis muscle, without x-ray. She said it didn’t hurt at all. So I am anxious to hear if it helps her at all – because that is next on my list. I also have had what you described below. It did not take that long. It was maybe a half hour to get prepared, half hour for the procedure, and an hour afterwards. The procedure though was exactly as you described – they go through the Alcox canal and take pictures as they go. You have to be awake, because you have to tell them when they reach the spot that is causing the pain. It is miserable, they keep asking if they have reached the spot yet, and when you finally scream, that is when they

take the final picture and inject the medication. And staying afterwards doesn’t have anything to do with seeing if the procedure has stopped the pain. You can’t leave until they are sure you can walk. Sometimes the medication will numb your legs too much and you can’t put any weight on your feet. Some women have instant relief from their pain that can last for a half hour or six months, or rarely permanently. With the pudendal nerve, there is just no way of telling how the medication is going to affect the area or do anything at all. The second nerve block I had - left my left leg dragging and turned out as I walked for several months, and then it finally went away. None of the blocks I had were Botox – they were just a Steroid and a Lidocaine mixture. Once the Lidocaine wore off, for me the pain came right back. So I had three – none of them worked. But the Botox is something different. It is in a

different place, has nothing to do with the pudendal nerve, only the periformis, so I am not afraid of having it done. And I would have more pudendal blocks done, if they had helped me at all, but they didn’t. If you think it will work you can stand any amount of pain. All medical places that do these procedures do them differently and in different situations. Maybe your friend had it done in a hospital setting where everything seems to take longer, and they make a bigger deal about it. I had my injection done in a small room that had all the X-ray machines, but it was done at a pain management clinic associated with a hospital. They didn’t make a big deal about it as that is basically all they do all day. A month ago I had a

ganglion of Impar block which is done with the x-ray. This injection goes into the base of the spine. I had to be awake for that also, but they gave me Versed (twilight sleep) for that. I was able to leave right after the injection. I was probably there less than two hours. Two weeks ago I had three trigger point injections. Thad was done right in the office room. My doctor was nice enough to give me some Percocet and Valium before he started. But again, it was a lot of feeling around until we found the right spots that hurt the most. I will have some more done in two weeks. You are right though, it is pain upon more pain – a real torture chamber of sorts. Plus my trigger point injections were done right outside the vagina. That is embarrassing enough. Although my pain management doctor is wonderful, it is not like he see’s those parts that regularly. He has only a

couple of pelvic/pudendal patients. There can’t be any injections that are more embarrassing than ones done in the vagina. nne From: VulvarDisorders

[mailto:VulvarDisorders ] On Behalf Of Tina KohlmanSent: Friday, March 07, 2008 7:00 PMTo: VulvarDisorders Subject: Re: Tina/Just Entering this group Marinne, wow that sounds to cheap to be true. would you trust that stuff? I would buy it if it was the real thing. With that stuff you have to be really careful don't you think? I am so scared to do that. I called the person in AZ and she said your there for 6 hours. 2 to get prepared, 2 hours in the operating room cause they go through the alcox cannal with a needle stopping taking pictures to get really close to the pudenal nerve then you have 2 hours to see if has stopped the pain. The nurse also said on one women it didn't work so I guess that the

chance we have to take and I also asked her if they gave any drugs while this procedure and she said NO> they want you to tell them if it works and it also hurts. God we are dammed already hahaha When I go get the stroids in my pelvic he gives me pain meds and I can still tell him that Yes that muscle hurts like HELL Loves>Tina millburytimes <millburytimes (AT) verizon (DOT) net> wrote: I don‘t know yet if my insurance covers it or not. I know one woman who was quoted $600.00 for it. But there are a lot of doctors that will do it besides AZ. My pain management doctor will do it and he is in New Hampshire. And I know of a woman in California who was going to have it done by her doctor – don’t know yet if she has had it done yet

– I need to call her. And I do know of a woman who had a prescription for the Botox. She had to get it from the pharmacy herself and take the vial to her doctor. She went to Target – was all prepared to pay the $600 and because of how the doctor wrote the prescription, she only had to pay $3.10. She was in shock and so was the pharmacist. The doctor wrote Dx: dystonia" on the script. Her insurance is Medicare Part D through AARP and Medicaid. She had the injection done yesterday, so I am very anxious to hear how she did. Allergan, the manufacturer of the Botox used for these kinds of procedures, has a patient assistance program for people who are financially challenged, so if you are in that situation you can call them. Also, Medicaid will pay $300 of the $600 for Botox. nne From: VulvarDisorders [mailto:VulvarDisorders ] On Behalf Of Tina KohlmanSent: Thursday, March 06, 2008 11:59 AMTo: VulvarDisorders Subject: Re: Tina/Just Entering this group I want to do the botox also but my insurance won't pay for it and the only place that I have found is AZ and the vials are 500.00 each. The injections I'm doing now are 175.oo I am going in today for the 3rd time which havent worked if they would do a steroid maybe I feel like i am wasting my money on the numbing stuff. This disease can be very expensive and can go to the poor house. Does your insurance cover

botox? And where are you going to have this done?andmillburytimes <millburytimes (AT) verizon (DOT) net> wrote: I am in Boston. I am having the injections in the sit bones area. Next time (in about ten days), I will take a permanent type of marker and mark the spot before I leave for the doctor. I can spend a lot of time then finding the exact areas. Otherwise, when I was there last time, I was in a lot of pain, he was giving me Percocet and Valium and then having me poke the area and he was poking the area, and them trying to mark the area with a pen, aiming the needle, etc. etc., - all the time I was curled up in the fetal position on the table. It reminded me of the clowns in the little

car! LOL!!! I already had an injection (ganglion of Impar block) done about six weeks ago. So I wonder how much more I can have. We are going to do Botox also. I can’t possibly wait a year to have these done again! I need them now! nne From: VulvarDisorders [mailto:VulvarDisorders ] On Behalf Of Tina KohlmanSent: Thursday, March 06, 2008 12:12 AMTo: VulvarDisorders Subject: Re: Tina/Just Entering this group

Yes I had great results but we moved jan. 13 of this year and its been hell again. The docters keep telling me they can only do this 3times a year. I want them now. My pain is in the obturator internus muscle which is also connect the syatic nerve which then makes both legs ache like hell and which is not pleasurable. Where do you live? I am in littleton COTina millburytimes <millburytimes (AT) verizon (DOT) net> wrote: Hi Tina, I currently am having trigger point injections in the perineum/vaginal area. Mine (the steroids) have lasted for a month now. I will be having more in a couple of weeks in different areas. Are you feeling any better from

your injections? nne From: VulvarDisorders [mailto:VulvarDisorders ] On Behalf Of TinaSent: Tuesday, March 04, 2008 5:53 PMTo: VulvarDisorders Subject: Just Entering this group Hi everyone My name is Tina and have chronic pelvic floor issues going on. I am now doing injections of the internous muscle. The numbing stuff works

for 6 hours and steroids (sp) work for a while. Is anyone experienced injections I live in Littleton colorado thanks Never miss a thing. Make Yahoo your homepage. Never miss a thing. Make Yahoo your homepage.

Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now.

Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with Yahoo! Search.