RemedySpot.com

(No subject)

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Wow! I am excited for Kerry! Let us know, Peggy, when Lucian calls you back. I am praying for Kerry!

Lou, I am sorry that you feel crappy. I hope that after your eye surgery that you will feel better and can see better, too. Anticipation of surgery, etc. can cause a great deal of anxiety as we all know. Our breathing problems cause us a great deal of anxiety, too. We are all here for each other to help with all of our anxieties. Try to relax and close your eyes and paint a picture in your mind of your favorite place that you would like to be. I did this once at a pulmonary rehab type class some years ago and the girl who was in charge of the class played the most relaxing music.She even turned off the lights. She read some scenario while our eyes were closed and the music played. I'm still praying for you.

4 years ago, when I was re-learning how to walk again, I had an experience that I have never forgotten. Since I had been bed-ridden for 5 months, my muscles were flabby and I was so weak. This wasmy first experience with the Helios. I thought it was rather neat at the time since I had never seen one. The therapists would only turn the Helios on 1 liter of O2 because that it what I was on when I was lying in the bed and not even moving. No one knew to turn it up. (and neither did I at the time) When I started trying to walk around the large room on the walker, it was very hard and I was huffing & puffing badly. I was so short of breath! Finally I told them to check my sats. (They never did until I asked them to) and they were low but would not tell lme what they were. (I was so weak). The main thing that I did wrong was to keep my mouth open. They kept telling me to shut my mouth. When I did, my sats became better. I then walked around, not even talking to the therapist, and keeping my mouth shut tight. I hated that feeling. I sure did love those breaks when I got to sit down!

Peggy, I am glad that you are dried out now. I missed the chat tonight.

Take care everybody.

Toodles!

Jane UIP/IPF 12/1998 Dalton, Georgia aka pianolady_musicgirl