RemedySpot.com

RE: Melvyn's poem, White Coffin, Any comments?

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Melvyn,

You are very a talented writer. I enjoy the poems that you post here. They do an amazing job of conveying your emotions and are made even more impressive by the fact that english is probably your second language.

I also read your earlier post about getting yellow and not being sure what to do. It certainly isn't fun to be young and facing a lifetime of medical issues and uncertainty but not facing them and giving up isn't really a good way to go either. You cannot overcome what you don't fight. While sometimes life's lesson are hard, I believe we experience what we experience for a reason. A reason we will eventually understand.

My best advice is to go back to your doctor. Let the doctor put you back on urso if he thinks you need it. Have the suggested ERCP so the doctors can try to find the cause of your jaundice. They may be able to do a liver biopsy and determine the health of your liver so that you will know exactly where you stand. You could also look into getting pain medicine if the liver spasms are causing you pain. I have no idea how the medical system works in Iran but here in the US you can try to work out a payment schedule or get government help if you don't earn enough money and are disabled. Is there something like that for you to help with the costs?

Every family is different but if you think the argument can be repaired please try. I know that is easy advice to give but can be hard to do. I will tell you something that I have not told many people. When my brother died last year we weren't speaking and hadn't really spoken to one another in months. I never got the chance to tell him that it wasn't him that I was upset with but it was his alcoholism and the related behavior that I couldn't handle. I still carry that guilt around and I promised myself that l would never go to bed angry with someone I care about because you never know what tomorrow might bring.

Most of all I suggest that you keep writing your poetry as an outlet for your emotions since you write so well. I recently read a book called the Poet of Baghdad written about the life of Nabeel Yasin, a poet from Iraq. Are you familiar with this poet?

Darcy

Could you please help me in the following serious problems?

1. I'm getting yellow --I stopped my URSO for more than a season as I was really given up nor visited my doctors. I'm told to go for a ERCP draining but unfortunately I can't afford that after my serious argue with my family. so I'm forgetting about it now as I believe its not gonna be more than death)

2. between my left and right ribs where the left lobe is, I sometimes feel an enlargement or something like a spasm which makes me feel so worried about the health of my liver. does it mean I'm going to join to the transplanted dears when I'm still 20?

White Coffin

But now

After being taken to where it’s nowhere It’s only black Black for my lost health Black for my lost family Black for my lost love Black to mean in the whites Black to color the reason it stands for my sorrows Black to start the end White, Very soon it’ll be To say what color life taught me to like To show the color of my eternity To get my coffin colored white To say that’s the color of setting free To mean it wasn’t my sin if I’m laying here so young It’s only destiny fetching me here with eyes closed Now I’m instilled why I never liked White… Saturday, September 13, 2008 11.01 pm Melvyn Before Abandoning

Dear Melvin:

I am a lot older than you and have been overwhelmed with multiple issues like

you.

The greatest words of wisdom I have learned is very simple...Things always look

brighter after the storm.

Know that the storm will not last and another day and you will feel better. I

do NOT make light of your situation. Many of us here have very down times and

we are able to get such wonderful support from this " family " .

We care about you and I personally send you warm hugs and lots of caring.

Make the call for help if you need and don't think in any way it is a weakness

not to ask for help. Please let us know how you are doing?

dee wife of bob

Dear Melvin:

I am a lot older than you and have been overwhelmed with multiple issues like

you.

The greatest words of wisdom I have learned is very simple...Things always look

brighter after the storm.

Know that the storm will not last and another day and you will feel better. I

do NOT make light of your situation. Many of us here have very down times and

we are able to get such wonderful support from this " family " .

We care about you and I personally send you warm hugs and lots of caring.

Make the call for help if you need and don't think in any way it is a weakness

not to ask for help. Please let us know how you are doing?

dee wife of bob