RemedySpot.com

Re: Parts is Parts/internal infection

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

This is really a chicken and egg question. Do we get cholangitis due to blockage (narrowed ducts, thickened bile, stones, etc.) or is cholangitis the cause? Cholangitis is an inflammation/infection of the bile ducts. The standard definition of acute cholangitis is "a bacterial infection superimposed on an obstruction of the biliary tree most commonly from a gallstone, but it may be associated with neoplasm or stricture." This (stricture) is what generally applies to us PSCers.

One of the problems with acute cholangitis is that it can lead to sepsis, a "serious medical condition characterized by a whole-body inflammatory state caused by infection".

I've experienced this at least three times - finally alleviated by balloon dilatation and stenting of my CBD.

Arne 56 - UC 1977, PSC 2000 Alive and well in Minnesota

... I am currently in the hospital with what may seem to be an infection and a stone causing a blocking and buildup. Has anyone else had this buildup/blockage due to internal infection?

Joe