RemedySpot.com

painful red eye

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Hello Everyone,Thank you for being so responsive to my 'new diagnosis' post. Already I have been enlightened to a wealth of information and very friendly people.Today, I am having a problem that has seemed to occur within the last two months. Occasionally, my left eye has become very red, and for the second time, very painful. Mostly, it is my left eye. This morning, I tried to wake up at 6:30, but felt very disoriented. My eye had been painful most of the night, although I was able to sleep. I could barely keep it open this morning. I had a feeling like I was 'walking in a dream' sort of. I still felt very deep in sleep, but I know that I was awake and thinking "Get up!" After trying to stumble around I put my sunglasses on, because I thought it might help with light sensitivity. I fell back asleep for another hour and a half. I finally was

able to wake up around 8 and open my eye. Although, I must wear my sunglasses outside. Fortunately, I can sit in the coffee shop with my glasses on. My left eye is very painful still, very red, and it keeps 'weeping'. It is also causing my nose to run. At times, I have to put my head down and shut my eyes, especially if I have focused on something for too long, or if I move too quickly.I did see a opthamologist before I left Maine and she said it appeared to be an autoimmune condition. Does anyone have experience with this? I am wondering if it is related to PSC?I am seeing a new primary physician here in Duluth today. Good timing for eye inflammation! :) Thanks again for all the support thus far, and also to hopefully my new two friends in Duluth that I have come in contact with from this group!nne