RemedySpot.com

Re: Hospice

Rate this topic

Guest guest

I believe I've mentioned this before.....but it's worth a rerun. There is a book, written by 2 Hospice nurses, called "Final Gifts". I cannot overstate the impact this book has had on my life.....and especially the end of it. That goes for my family as well. Once I read it, my wife read it and I ordered copies to send to my adult children. I was given this book when I was first diagnosed with lung cancer. I think many of you can identify. I am certain that many of you are stronger and more stoic than I, but in those days, then again with the IPF diagnosis, I was totally freaked out......."going to die tomorrow, etc". This small book absolutely changed my state of mind regarding the end of my life. You know, I've known Hospice people during my life and I always wondered ,"why on earth would anyone want to do that"? In my mind

that is akin to working on a children's cancer ward. Well, now I know !! It is aptly named "Final Gifts".In our small community both Eva and I have had the privilege of being present at the time of death of people that we care about. We've found this book totally changes the whole experience, both for us and those experiencing the loss. I know that I've gone on and on here......I feel strongly about it.

jim IPF 05

alaska

Subject: Re: LPMTo: Breathe-Support Date: Sunday, December 28, 2008, 9:56 AM

Thank you, I have heard so many good things about Hospice.

From: Sher Bauman <bofus (AT) wbcable (DOT) net>To: Breathe-Support@ yahoogroups. comSent: Sunday, December 28, 2008 11:51:25 AMSubject: Re: LPM

Amy. ... I just want to send a hug to you. I'm thinking it's a big step to call Hospice but I have great faith in most of them.

Don't forget our faithful "list of questions" and that will help in feeling comfortable with them I think.

There have been many who went to Hospice. I think Vicky is the latest. She seems to be doing ok again, right now anyway.

I'm sorry for the progression Amy.

Hugs and prayers.

MamaSher, age 70. IPF 3-06, OR. NasturtiumsDon't fret about tomorrow, God is already there!

LPM

Hi: \Everyone: I was just wondering the highest lpm anyone is or has been on? At this time I have had to increase to 10 -15 lpm just to stay in mid 90s. I have began looking into Hospice.

Amy

I believe I've mentioned this before.....but it's worth a rerun. There is a book, written by 2 Hospice nurses, called "Final Gifts". I cannot overstate the impact this book has had on my life.....and especially the end of it. That goes for my family as well. Once I read it, my wife read it and I ordered copies to send to my adult children. I was given this book when I was first diagnosed with lung cancer. I think many of you can identify. I am certain that many of you are stronger and more stoic than I, but in those days, then again with the IPF diagnosis, I was totally freaked out......."going to die tomorrow, etc". This small book absolutely changed my state of mind regarding the end of my life. You know, I've known Hospice people during my life and I always wondered ,"why on earth would anyone want to do that"? In my mind

that is akin to working on a children's cancer ward. Well, now I know !! It is aptly named "Final Gifts".In our small community both Eva and I have had the privilege of being present at the time of death of people that we care about. We've found this book totally changes the whole experience, both for us and those experiencing the loss. I know that I've gone on and on here......I feel strongly about it.

jim IPF 05

alaska

Subject: Re: LPMTo: Breathe-Support Date: Sunday, December 28, 2008, 9:56 AM

From: Sher Bauman <bofus (AT) wbcable (DOT) net>To: Breathe-Support@ yahoogroups. comSent: Sunday, December 28, 2008 11:51:25 AMSubject: Re: LPM

Amy. ... I just want to send a hug to you. I'm thinking it's a big step to call Hospice but I have great faith in most of them.

Don't forget our faithful "list of questions" and that will help in feeling comfortable with them I think.

There have been many who went to Hospice. I think Vicky is the latest. She seems to be doing ok again, right now anyway.

Hugs and prayers.

MamaSher, age 70. IPF 3-06, OR. NasturtiumsDon't fret about tomorrow, God is already there!

LPM

Hi: \Everyone: I was just wondering the highest lpm anyone is or has been on? At this time I have had to increase to 10 -15 lpm just to stay in mid 90s. I have began looking into Hospice.

Amy

Thank you I am headed over to the amazon web site.

To: Breathe-Support Sent: Sunday, December 28, 2008 3:31:56 PMSubject: Re: Hospice

I believe I've mentioned this before.....but it's worth a rerun. There is a book, written by 2 Hospice nurses, called "Final Gifts". I cannot overstate the impact this book has had on my life.....and especially the end of it. That goes for my family as well. Once I read it, my wife read it and I ordered copies to send to my adult children. I was given this book when I was first diagnosed with lung cancer. I think many of you can identify. I am certain that many of you are stronger and more stoic than I, but in those days, then again with the IPF diagnosis, I was totally freaked out......."going to die tomorrow, etc". This small book absolutely changed my state of mind regarding the end of my life. You know, I've known Hospice people during my life and I always wondered ,"why on earth would anyone want to do that"? In my mind that is akin to working on a children's cancer ward. Well, now I know !! It is aptly named

"Final Gifts".In our small community both Eva and I have had the privilege of being present at the time of death of people that we care about. We've found this book totally changes the whole experience, both for us and those experiencing the loss. I know that I've gone on and on here......I feel strongly about it.

jim IPF 05

alaska

From: Amy Dawn <amy7675 (AT) yahoo (DOT) com>Subject: Re: LPMTo: Breathe-Support@ yahoogroups. comDate: Sunday, December 28, 2008, 9:56 AM

Hugs and prayers.

LPM

Amy