RemedySpot.com

Update from Penny - MONDAY, SEPTEMBER 22, 2008 05:32 PM, EST

Rate this topic

Guest guest

monday nearly week 9,HI everyone,well, it's become obvious that I might be in for the long haul, os and the girls have brought me the laptop!Now I am not doing handstands, haven't done one in many years (I may have also been very drunk the last time), I am lying in bed in the originl transplant ward, but have a private room. If given the choice before surgery I would have opted for this room, but wasn't given the option luckily. If I hadn't been in the share ward I was in, I would never have met my donor siblings, and it is very lonely by yourself.

Because of the flu diagnosis I was in quarantine for 24 hours, although it felt like a week! Masks, gloves and gowns compulsory, which didn't bother me, it was the fact that the door had to stay completely shut that really annoyed me. You couldn't even leave it open a crack in case the germs escaped! It made the room as quiet as a morgue (no jokes intended)

Anyway, it was lifted today, to my relief. Now I am stuck here until my poor abused body can make some neutrophils. The levels are continuously dropping for no reason, so they are calling in haematology. they wont consult with my haematologist as he is private, so I hope they know what they are doing.

Anyway, as you can prob tell, I'm not in the best mood, sick of being sick and ready to reinvent my imitation of a healthy person.Thank you for all the messages of support, and thanks Barb for helping with Staceys party tomorrow.

I'll let you know what's happening as soon as I know.Penny T