RemedySpot.com

No idea what to do!!Help

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Hi all:)

Hope everyone is well. I hvan't written for a while, but always reading the emails.

Has anyone had a transplant more on the basis of quality of life then liver failure?

Well thats what my dicision is about at the moment. My quality of life over the last year has deteriorated horribly. Vomitting most days, lossing weight all the time, major fatigue and the worst being Continual pain.I am a full time student, and battling to pass with all these symptoms. At the moment I am, but it is really taking it out of me.My actual cholangitis attacks are more regular then ever. The doctors are ready to put me on list for quality of life reasons. It not only quality of life though because my actual liver has deteriorated more in the last 5 months then it did in 6 years since diagnosis. Im now in late stage 3. I know my liver would have to be a lot worse if I was to be transplanted for liver actually failing. But the Doctors taking both quality of life and liver deterioration are keen to put me on the list..

On the one hand I feel like I have no quality of life but on the ohter hand I don't know if it acceptable to go into an operation of this severity unless your liver is in complete liver failure and you have no choice.

Please Any comments will be greatly appreciated. I think this email was bit all over the place, apologies just in a bit of a state.

Love

Terri(19)

Diagnosed PSC 2002Send instant messages to your online friends http://uk.messenger.yahoo.com