RemedySpot.com

call your MD first

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Gen;

Call your MD first. Let him/her know your medications. Being down is part of a physical reaction to PSC which may be secondary to elevated Bilirubin levels and alk phosphate. Your levels may have increased, hence lower desire for activity. Phone or PC people a lot until you get back on your feet. Prednisone may help a bit too, depending on what MD says. Double check your Urso/Actigal levels.

On the brain bending side, make a "thanks" list, and write letters to people. Encourage visitors and allow yourself to be pampered a bit.

Keep sending out messages... I try to treat myself with higher carb load during the day to keep the energy factory going.

Joe

-------------- Original message from "Genevieve" : --------------

Hi everyone,I've been concerned for some time that I am depressed, and it seems to be getting worse. While working on my list of questions for my next hep appointment today, I found myself writing the following:"I seem to have as many 'blue' and 'down in the dumps' days as 'regular' days recently, if not more. I am constantly irritable and have no patience, I'm bored with my life, I don't want to do anything (even shop, read, or cook gourmet meals, some of my favorite things), I want to be left alone, and I am constantly tired with zero energy. I can barely force myself to do anything for school or work (both things I usually thrive on), and I can't even start projects that I've been wanting to do for a long time--everything seems like a burden. Wiping down the counters seems like a burden, taking my daughter outside to play seems like a burden. I don't want to play with or care for my daughter, and I feel like I'm putting on a show when I try to act happy with her. This has been going on for months now, and just seems to be getting worse. Every once in awhile I have a great day where I wake up and enjoy my coffee, get things done, and I am motivated--these are my happy, Energizer Bunny days. They are happening too infrequently, now; I am just plain unhappy, despite how good I KNOW my life is."This is getting worse than I thought, reading back all of that (today, as I write all this, it's a very bad day). Who do I see for this? Do I call my hep first, wait to see him, or should I just get in to see my local doc? I feel like this needs to be addressed NOW. I am not suicidal, I don't feel like hurting myself or anyone else; but I am too unhappy to continue this way, and I feel like I will go mad with many more days like this. I would very much like to hear what you all think--does this sound like depression? Could it be directl

y related to the PSC (does liver disease cause depression?)? What is safe to take with chronic liver disease?Thanks,GenevieveUC 1983, J-Pouch 1999, PSC 12/07