RemedySpot.com

Update by Penny

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

FRIDAY, AUGUST 08, 2008 11:57 AM, EST

Friday TGIF day whatever 8/8/08Dear ,The Ekka is an outdoor show where the city meets the country. Animal, farming, food exhibition, competitions, displays and the obligatory side show alley. To be a true Ekka fan, you need to go every year, take more money than you think you'll need (And then some more), good joggers to walk a million miles, carry jumpers and jackets all day long because it's always hot and sunny but when the sun goes down if you stay for the ring show of cars, horses, and fireworks it's always freezing. You eat junk food all day, incuding chiko rolls, dagwood dogs, strawberry icecreams, and it's always really crowded. The kids and I love it, DAniel hates it with a passion. The last few years we have persuaded him to meet us in the evening just for the fireworks, but this year I'm not allowed to go.

Oh well, I try and not watch the news at night, as most stations broadcast live from the Ekka for the full 10 days!On the PA front, things are going ok. Got out pretty quickly today (about 11.30), so have walked home via the shops (another first) and brought myself some sushi! Because of privacy issues the nurses are not allowed to tell me how young was going, but I saw him being trundled off to xray, and he looks pretty good. His mother looks like a bus hit her (twice over), but he was pretty with it, so that's good news.

That's about all our news. is doing more and more at work as I become more able to get about. Kids have kept up with most of their commitments thanks to all the helpful families driving them different places. I think our New Years Eve party this year will have to be a mega thank you one!!

Lots of love Penny T

Subscribe to journal update notification