RemedySpot.com

Re: Re: The Life Of PSC help

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Now we are getting to where we can help you. Let's focus on your needs and see if we canget you going in the right direction.1]You have difficulty paying for drugs but there are places you can turn to for help:http://www.freemedicinefoundation.com/Try this site, if your drugs are not listed, call them and see if they can help.Your doctor may be able to help too.2] No expert in PSC where you are located.Can you be more specific as to where you are so that someone here might make a recommendation?There might be a good physician closer than you think.3] You are fighting the insurance company.Can you ask your medical team to help you get a patient advocate?If you can't do this, is there a family member you can ask to take over this task?People here will try to help you if we know what the specific problems are. We can try anyway.LeeDon't get me wrong, I am not depressed all the time, it is just where I am located in VA that there is not many docs up on this disease. I hate traveling to go see a doctor especially after you have seen one, they want to see you every 3 months or so. Money is tight, gas is high, insurance companies keep saing "This med is no longer covered" and you pay from your own pocket, and it is like I am stuck between a rock and a hard place. Do I spend the little money we have and try and drive to the doctor all the time and live, BUT maybe lose what we have (My fiance is the only one who works with me being ill and all)like our home and cars, or tough it out and enjoy what we do have while being ill. It is hard, but I keep fighting ;)

Guest guest

You might also try needymeds.com to check about getting your meds cheaper. I was able to get my Urso through this site for several years. HTH Blessings, Barby - KS UC - 1965, ileostomy - 1972, BCIR (continent pouch) 1994, PSC - 1995, arthritis 2007, tx 11.29.07married 28 years , 5 sons, 2 daughters in law, 1 granddaughter, 1 grandbaby due 10/08 and 1 golden retriever