RemedySpot.com

Update from barb re: ken

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

TUESDAY, AUGUST 05, 2008 07:20 PM, CDT

All of today's labs were a little higher, Bilirubin now 9.7 (giving new meaning to The Yellow Rose of Texas.) Biopsy showed rejection, angiogram showed no change since the one in February. We were told this rejection was likely caused by lack of blood getting to the liver (ala all the clots.) It's also likely it caused his INR to sky rocket a few weeks ago. At this point, they figure it's (rejection) going to keep happening unless we do something to increase the blood flow to the liver. That 'something' is putting a stent into his narrowing Hepatic Artery. The plan now (subject to change) is to do 'it' tomorrow. Not something we wanted to happen (the stent), but we really have no choice. The angiogram itself carries some risk, putting the stent in carries more, doing both while Ken is in rejection adds to the risk even more. But...we really don't have a choice, every time someone goes into rejection damage is done to the liver. We were told this rejection episode showed a lot of inflammation.

Ken says I'm making this update too long, people won't read it and I can't write a book. So goodnight, I'll write a 'short' update tomorrow (when he's sleeping ;-) Barb

Subscribe to journal update notification