RemedySpot.com

Update from Penney - FRIDAY, AUGUST 29, 2008 03:12 PM, EST

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Friday day 38...5 and a bit weeksHI everyone,I have been reprimanded because I haven't been on here much. All I can say in my defence is that no news is good news. Amongst the group of transplant friends I have made up at the hospital, there is not one who hasn't had some sort of problem, whether it be from medication, infection or rejection. I have been very lucky and thank God for it every day!

You'll never guess who I saw today?? The young fellow has been discharged and has joined me in the outpatient system. He was left hi and dry by his dr yesterday till after 1pm, (from 7am blood tests) so his mother was absolutely at her wits end today. I think the dr concerned was given a talking to, as he saw us both and we were out of there by 9:30am, the earliest ever. He has had 7 weeks in hospital, and was so ready to go home (and his mother). Anyway, I am meeting them on Monday to take them to ARTS, hopefully save them some of the heartache I experienced the first time I went there!

The other good news was that today, after getting out so early, we went to the Boat show, and our wallets are still in tact! There were not so many big boats this year (or maybe our definition of big is different), so it was a little disappointing. Fun anyway, gets you dreaming again!!

For the tennis ladies, I am aiming to be back on the court socially through summer, then in competition starting next Feb, so be prepared!!!!!Thanks for showing an interest. Life is good, pretty exhausting and long days at the PAH, but good nevertheless.

Lots of love Penny T