RemedySpot.com

Re: Back From Recent Hosp - Stent

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Janet,

I've had a stent for almost 2 years. Generally, I think I'm in good health. Other than the PSC and rheumatoid arthritis I'm pretty boring on the medical front. I don't really have pain with the stent changes that is any different than any other day. It does seem to irritate my digestive system though and I have nausea for a few days after. That could be psychosomatic since I had pancreatitis after the first couple. I definitely feel like the stenting has helped. I'm not yellow, itchy and sick all the time. I was pretty miserable before my first stent. Also after the stenting my skin cleared up completely. No idea if thats related although when I'm getting close to a stent change my face breaks out a little. Overall I give stenting two thumbs up.

Darcy

do have a few questions for those you who have had stents for a number of years: How are you doing generally? Do you have severe, moderate or mild pain over time with the removal and insertion of numerous stents? Do you feel stenting has really helped you to live with PSC?