RemedySpot.com

Update from Penny - a bit of a down turn - WEDNESDAY, SEPTEMBER 10, 2008 08:14 PM, EST

Rate this topic

Guest guest

NOTE FROM IAN: Penny has given me permission to copy her updates

Wednesday 10th, 7 weeks Belated Happy birthday Jennie CHi everyone,Well the honeymoon is over, and the viral infection known as cmv has reared it's ugly head! It is a virus that commonly occurs in the 5-6th week, so not entirely unexpected. So much for once a week visits, I suspect that is over for a while.

I had the call from the nurse (yes the alarmist one, but some would call a realist) this afternoon saying my tests came back positive from last Friday (it is checked by dna testing as I have no immunoglobulins of my own, that's why it took so long).

The treatment is a 10-14 day course of either pills twice a day, or iv medication twice a day (guess which I would prefer?). The choice is dependant on my poor sick kidneys so we will find out tomorrow from the consultants.

It happens regularly, and explains why I have felt so lousy the last week or so. I didn't get the kids lurgy, I got my own!! Hopefully we can treat it smartly and efficiently, and keep it under control. I don't think it ever goes away, so I suspect the treatment is long term prophylactic.

Anyway,on the family front, Steffi survived and loved camp, Stacey is still sick, and is catching the red-eye back from Darwin to come with me tomorrow. What a hero!Celeste, this is the clearest picture of you and the others doing handstands! Jennie I'm sorry I missed your birthday (now the whole world knows!!!)

Thanks Judith for your colourful message, and Aunty Anne I know you're out there, don't stress!!!Take care everyone,Lots of love Penny