RemedySpot.com

Update from Barb re: Ken WEDNESDAY, AUGUST 13, 2008 03:37 PM, CDT

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Biopsy report came back still in rejection. All of Ken's liver numbers came in higher today, Bilirubin is up to 11.5. Doctors ordered a chest X-ray yesterday. He has a small amount of fluid in his right lung, which explains why he started coughing late Sunday. It must not be too worrisome, as they aren't going to do anything about it at this point. The doctor ordered a sonogram so they can take a look at his bile ducts, I'm assuming because his Bilirubin is still going up. But the test will have to wait until tomorrow, as Ken is getting his first IV dose of Thymo and it takes 6 hours. Thymo has some very nasty side effects (fever, chills, body & head aches). So they drip....by....drip....drip, to try and keep major problems at bay as best they can.

Ken is still eating pretty good (considering it's hospital food), he is on a sugar free diet as the immune suppressant they give him when he is in rejection ups his glucose - big time. He sleeps when ever he gets a chance, but it's really hard with people coming in and out all day and night, so when he is sleeping, I try (often unsuccessful) to keep things quite.

That's it for today's update. For family: I only update when there is news, so no update, don't worry, there is just no news to tell.BarbP.S. Thanks for your good thoughts & prayers, they mean a lot to us.

-- Ian Cribb P.Eng.