RemedySpot.com

Happy re-birthday

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

To (and Ami!) 7/16/07

From the archives of 2007:

SO - came back to the PICU from surgery about 6 am. Everything went GREAT. Dr. Humar said 's liver was " impressively larger " than even he had anticipated, so it took a fair bit of time to get that gigantic thing out of him. It was extremely cirrhotic and diseased and nasty and thank goodness it's gone!!!

The new liver went in and fit beautifully. He started making a little bit of bile right away, and (even more exciting) they gave him a dose of diuretic and he put out about 300cc's of urine almost immediately. In the past 3 hours since being in the PICU, he's put out a ton more already. YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The doc said his transplant date is listed at 7/16/07. I thought that was odd, because when he had his lung transplant, they listed it as the day he went INTO surgery, not the date he came out. But whatever. He has a liver. LoL.

He's resting well right now, on the vent with his drainage tubes, etc. I'm extremely exhausted, but am one of those people who can't sleep in the daytime, so I'm not sure I'll get any napping in today. I'll probably be going to the house in a short bit to take a shower and put on some real clothes.

I'll update again when I have something new.

Thank you to EVERYONE who has been sending us prayers and positive healing energies. You are all wonderful, and we love all of you SOO much!!!

(P/S: Jon fixed my laptop so I can actually be updating while I'm sitting at the hospital with him, now.)