Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

To Mike (and Patti!) 05/17/04

From the archives of 2004

Date: Mon May 17, 2004 8:08 pm

Subject: update on Mike

okay folks, here's the scoop.........

Mike is out of surgery, he is in intensive care......the liver they took out of him was far worse than expected and they felt that he wouldn't have survived much longer with it. I guess to put it bluntly, he was dying in front of me and I didn't know it.

There is a small problem with one hepatic artery, they are watching blood flow and if they aren't happy they will go back in and reconstruct it, but they assured me that's no big deal.

They felt that they found a small, low grade cancerous tumour on his intestinal wall, but last word on that was that it was benign. It was resected and removed and the surgeon was not concerned about it at all.

I am so tired, I haven't slept since we got the call at midnight last night. Please pray for Mike and the donor families, who gave this incredible gift in the face of tragedy. Until you are on the receiving end of this miracle there is no way to comprehend what it means.

good night and I'll update tomorrow

Patti

" I used to have a handle on life - but it broke off "